I was recently out in Middle 'o Nowhere, Alberta for a week for my brothers wedding. I believe I got more than I bargained for at this wedding, instead of only having a great time I was inspired and challenged. The preacher at this wedding (Sid Koop) spoke about how important marriage is (I feel that is a given) not only because you are making a covenant before God but also because you are committing yourself to an illustration of Christ's relationship with the church. What an undertaking! Makes me think third and fourth times before I think about getting married. But for the moment I am thoroughly stoked about my brothers life with his newly found wife.I am still here in Winnipeg, with no future plans, no applications to school for the fall, no undertakings for the summer, and no answers. I would love to go back to Frontier Lodge (camp I worked at last spring) and work there year round, but in order to do that I would need to be able to drive. And that seems to become more and more of a joke every time I go into the hospital for a test or appointment. I have to go in for another EEG this Friday because apparently the other seven times that I had it aren't good enough to determine if I can drive or not. I think my ability to laugh and find this whole situation somewhat funny is keeping me from anger and disappointment for the time being.
In other news I have been asked to preach again on May 16 and I'm preaching on Mark 12:28-31. As much as I love researching and preparing a sermon the sleepless nights and thought-filled mind does not interest me. Unanswered questions are seeming to become the death of me.
Despite certain things there is sunshine in my life too. I do still enjoy my job (praise God), the Canucks although I don't know for how much longer are still in the playoffs (praise God), My sister is pregnant and due in October (praise God), I am still involved at my church and with friends inside the church (praise God),...there is more but I'll leave it saying that I am satisfied in God, and through that he is glorified!
Bietz
3 comments:
excuse ME! what is so wrong with the canucks!!!!!!!!
good to hear from you bro! ill be praying for directions and steps you must take in these next few months!
Thanks for this, Tom! Sometimes I have answers - I am willing to listen!
May you continue to struggle with all of His energy that he will powerfully work in you, so that you may proclaim Him, warning and teaching your church with all wisdom, that they may be presented mature in Christ.
(my own version of Colossians 1.28-29)
I'll be praying for you leading up to and on May 16th. You got this Tom.
Post a Comment