Thursday, June 17, 2010

In space

Hmmm....I will be honist, I dont really want to write this but I feel as though I have no choice. Hey guys, how goes that thing called life? Ever been embarassed to be seen in public because of where you have been and what you have just gone through? Thats me right now.

I messed up...I messed up bad. The last update I gave you guys was a while after I was raped. Well....that was a long time ago so lets just get straight to it. I dropped the charges. Please dont ask me why as I really do not have an answer that is understandable to anyone except God and myself. But I did...the day I decided to do that I was overwhelmed with people at work with my job with that situation, with my parents, what did I have left that gave me hope??? Nothing! So I went home and took 40 tylanol then went to work at mc donalds around people who refused to talk to me unless they had no choice. An hour or so into my shift I passed out on the floor and was taken by ambulance to a hospital where I spent 8 days.

8 days of loneyness...and time with just me and I guess God. Im sure he was in there somewhere. I spent a lot of time crying as I talked on the phone to my parents who told me to get out of their life until I learned how to grow up. As I listened to my boss fire me from one job then the other. Hahaha. I watched my life crash in front of me. The dr told me I had to take a month off work so I did and moved back to victoria. I watched my life go from good to bad to over as I realized that I was broke, homeless, jobless, and extremely depressed. I laughed a lot at how of course, the girl who was really trying to keep her faith alive and strong is now a bum with no hope or faith left inside of her. Where was I to go! I felt like i was floating in space and things were just flying past me as I floated...there was no where to turn.

So where am I right now? On my parents couch. After a lot of pain and frustration and anger and tears we talked...and fixed a few broken strings. Though there are many more to be repared in our relationship. I am sleeping in my friends livingroom as my parents wont let me stay in their house. I am still unemployed as my month of no work is not over yet but I have begun to look for work. I am looking for a house although I am very sure I will not be able to afford to live in a place by myself and I cant seem to find any good roommates.

Wheres God in all of this? He isnt. And that scares me. I cant seem to find him again. I have tryed and have gotten nowhere. I am the person from kaleo who no one wants to be...the one who has turned away from God and has messed up their life horrably. Hahaha who ever thought? I think a lot of people did. So this is where I am now...in space floating around hoping that one day I may be found again. Maybe through a future husband, or a new best friend, or a 4 year old...who knows! All I know is that I am lost and I want to be found again. My life needs to change...NOW!

4 comments:

Deborah Fisk said...

Leila.
My dear. ...thankyou for telling us the struggles of your heart.
I feel really sad for you. my heart breaks for you. i am sorry you are going through so much termoile.


Leila... take time to pray. Even if it is hard...take time to pray. He will come to all that ask him! he never wants to leave his beautiful child named leila!

Leila...you are going to have a hard time with your christian walk. WE ALL WILL! its no cakewalk.

BUT...there is hope. because...all the strength in the world that we need is given to us by CHRIST! and guess what. he equips us weaklings WITH HIS VERY WORD. oh man . what graces he bestows on our head.

you...like me..we need to keep reading our bibles...okay girl?
id be totally down to read some verses a day together! and send a few blurbs back and fourth about what each other thought.

leila. i know you feel some ppl have given up on you. and that hurts ..huge!!! but know the main person that you never want to leave your side. hes never going away. cast your anxieties on him leila. HE IS THE MAN YOU WANT!

love you
praying. honest prayer for you

deborah your roomie

Jim Badke said...

Hey Leila! Are you able to call me? Or let me know how to call you? We would like to talk about some options for you. Hope to hear from you soon. 210-0364

erin said...

Hey sister !
I'm sending my prayers your way !
hang in there, LOVE YOU !

JAKE said...

Lee (can I call you that),

Sister - you cannot imagine how hard it is to read your post. I know words no longer seem useful as catalyst to change, but please hear me out.

First off you've been lied too. You are NOT the person who screwed up after Kaleo, you are NOT outside of the loving arms of the Father, and you will NOT find hope in a husband/friend/child.

Leila, I pray that you, "being rooted and established in love, may have the power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ"

HE loves you! And I know this seems basic, and I know you know this - but Leila think for a second, the God of the universe, the God who is pulling entire countries from brokenness, the God who formed you in all your beauty - LOVES YOU!

And we are not called to wallow in this love, but to respond in worship. Moving towards being people who are first off God-centered and secondly others-centered.

An incredible servant of the Lord once said, "(to really care for the growth and freedom of individuals) means to discover that our greatest freedom is to help others walk to freedom" The best thing you can do for yourself is found in the emptying of yourself to other people - trusting the Lord (who loves you so deeply!) will fill you up.

I love you Lee.

Jake