Alright so this might be all over the place but I've been wanting to update for awhile but just haven't gotten around to it so I am just going to do it.
Firstly I guess everyone always wants to know about the baby first so the update on her is she is doing FANTASTIC! She likes to "talk" a lot now and I am trying to teach her sign language at the present moment. It is really beneficial for them when they want to communicate but can't with words yet. This helps through the terrible 2's I've been told, they won't be so terrible. She can roll over from her back to her stomach and her stomach to her back. She loves to roll onto her stomach though I think she can see better that way so every time I try to put her on her back WHAM I turn around and she's on her stomach..lol. People say she's really small for her age but I haven't been to the doctor's yet this month, but I should. Hopefully she's growing fine and is just a petite baby! Jon can really make her laugh, if you haven't seen already there is a video posted on my facebook videos of her laughing, it's the BEST!
As for Jon he is working lots. We are trying really hard to pay off all of our debt and saving for a place of our own. It's nice that we are paying lots of things off and actually getting somewhere but it's hard not seeing him most of the time and a little stressful looking after Abigail full time with hardly any breaks.
We are in the middle of moving and making a trip to Winnipeg to visit my Dad and his side of the family so things are a little packed and stressful!! I am really trying not to freak out that there are boxes and junk all over the house...hahahaha. I haven't seen my Dad in, oh golly, I think close to 8-9 years, something like that. A little nervous but excited to see him. Tara really feels that he is not going to live much longer and that is why God is calling us up there to see him one last time.
Alright and as for myself.........I have lots of questions but no one to discuss them with which has been really frustrating. About how we receive salvation and do we lose salvation. I have had a high school friend commit suicide recently. Finding this out just rocked my world. I got hit really hard with it. This is the second person in my life to pass away at such a young age and her death brought me back to David's death and how they both did not know Christ. And how suicide is one of the most heart breaking death's. I can't even fathom being in such an empty, lonely, hopeless place to not be able to live my life and have the courage to take it away.
This also got me in a place of anger and sadness because people who do not know Christ always say, "They are in a better place now," "Look down on us from up there," "Have a drink for us up there, " ect. At her funeral one women even got up and talked about a place called "Rainbow Bridge" that is in heaven. That this place is where all the animals go when they die to wait for their masters. LIKE WHAT THE HECK, where does that even come from, where do these people hear this!
My friend has an memorial page and on there someone wrote that they really hope that there is a heaven now that this has happened. I've been wanting to write something about Christ on this page to reach out to people but haven't felt like there was an opportunity so when this girl wrote this I felt as if this was the opportunity I was waiting for. I wrote out John 3:16 and Revelation 21:1-8 and after a few words of my own talking about grace and hope ect. Well the mother of my friend was apparently brought up atheist and freaked :S Saying that I was shoving my religion down their throats and using her daughters memorial page as a "damn pulpit" :S :S :S Alright well that didn't go as planned, haha. I have been feeling just so horrible ever since but also frustrated and angry because that whole "rainbow bridge" thing was posted from the mother herself.
How do we reach this generation when there is so much anger, deceit and misinformation about Jesus! I sort of feel a sense of hopelessness now.
I have also recently been in contact with my old friends whom I cut from my life after I became a Christian only for the simple fact that it was too much of a temptation to be friends with them. I feel that I am ready to start those relationships back again seeing how I have a solid foundation in Christ. After having a conversation with one of them, they were talking about how someone told them they were going to hell because they have "fun." Their fun is drinking all the time it seems and sexual immortality ect. I know that they aren't going to hell only because of their immoral life style but because firstly they deny Christ. I really need prayer for this group! STRONG PRAYER! I need some backup people! haha. For some GREAT conversations to start, not arguments but conversations..lol.
Alright well.....sorry for this HUGE post but lots has been going on and I am sure that I have forgotten something along they way.
Love and miss you TONS!
Shannon <3
2 comments:
Shannon! It seems like since a long time since we saw you three. I am thankful for the foundation you have, which is Jesus, and I am wondering who is building on it now. You have good and honest questions, and it distresses me that you don't seem to have anyone to discuss them with. I pray that God will give you (and your family) friends who you can look up to spiritually and who will encourage and stretch you. It seems it is time for you to be in community again, and I pray that God will provide it for you once again. We would love to chat with you!
Shan. Your incredible heart for the broken always completely floors me. Know that you are in my prayers, and that I would love to wrestle through some of this with you when you stop by here in a couple weeks. Be at rest in His faithfulness, dear heart.
Post a Comment