Thursday, September 16, 2010

Wake Me Up When September Ends...

Hey K6,

So it's been a while since I've posted on the blog but I feel like I really need to let my Kaleo brothers and sisters know about whats been going on with me lately. So I've spend the last 4 months working at Qwanoes again which was a sweet experience and probably one of the best summers I've ever had. This was a huge difference to the summer after Kaleo which was probably one of my worst summers. In the summer of 2009, I knew what I needed to do and how I should have followed God but I chose to follow my own way and ended up really hurting myself. This summer God presented me with the same situation but I learned from the mistakes that I made before I wrestled with putting God's will first. So throughout the entire summer I put God first and through that God helped me deal with issues I have with pride, anger and worry. Yes, I know that it is a continual journey dealing with these things but I'm just saying that God made huge steps in making me more like Him this summer.

But this is not what this blog post is about...I've posted this blog to ask for prayer. Throughout the last few years of life I have developed seasonal depression. You guys might not have noticed it but during the first few months of Kaleo I was dealing with depression. This has also been the case last fall and also this September. After coming off a great summer, this September has hit me a lot harder then the last few Septembers have. Over the past few weeks I have felt myself falling in and out of horrible blue and its been so hard to try and fight against it. One day I'm feeling awesome the next I feel like everything is falling apart on me and that life sucks. Ever since I got to Briercrest this year I've been wavering between staying here and going home. I know that God wants me to stay here but I keep thinking that I want to be home. I'm so confused about where I'm suppose to be and I feel like I'm just on an endless giant mood swing. I know that I should probably just stick out the hard here at Briercrest and wait for better times and that God is most likely just trying to grow me through this.

So my brain is really scatterbrained right now because its 1:00 am and also because my mind is always like this but if you guys could be praying for me that would be awesome.

4 comments:

Daneille Dirk said...

I will definitely be praying for you

Jim Badke said...

Thanks Josh! Psalm 42:

As the deer pants for streams of water,
so my soul pants for you, O God.

My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When can I go and meet with God?

My tears have been my food
day and night,
while men say to me all day long,
"Where is your God?"

These things I remember
as I pour out my soul:
how I used to go with the multitude,
leading the procession to the house of God,
with shouts of joy and thanksgiving
among the festive throng.

Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God.

My soul is downcast within me;
therefore I will remember you
from the land of the Jordan,
the heights of Hermon—from Mount Mizar.

Deep calls to deep
in the roar of your waterfalls;
all your waves and breakers
have swept over me.

By day the LORD directs his love,
at night his song is with me—
a prayer to the God of my life.

I say to God my Rock,
"Why have you forgotten me?
Why must I go about mourning,
oppressed by the enemy?"

My bones suffer mortal agony
as my foes taunt me,
saying to me all day long,
"Where is your God?"

Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God.

Praying for you!

Deborah Fisk said...

praying josh!
how is your brother doing now?
is his condition serious?

love you brother!

kylie.a said...

hey Josh! I'm definitely praying too!