It is I! I know that you have all been telling me to update this blog forever and ever. To be totally honest I really have just been busy and never made the time. But in this case I think I can update you all for a little bit here.
So yes as most of you have probably found out through facebook, I am now Engaged. Tamara Wikkerink and I are engaged July 10th 2011 to be Wed at a undecided date some time Summer 2013. So it will still be a little while before I get hitched but can look forward for the events to come.
I now you girls are all asking tell us how you did it? So here she goes. Tamara and I are very close to her family so I made some plans in secret with her mom to take a "Family trip" to Tofino, one of our favorite spots to go. We drove out early that morning crammed in the SUV and arrived at the Wick Beach Center around 11ish. Did some sight seeing and checked out the Museum till our reservation at noon in the Restaurant. We all sat down and ordered our meals and as we waited for the meal to come I took Tamara out to the beach to "show her something..." Had her standing on a rock looking out into the water looking for whales that I had supposedly seen, while I fumbled around for the rock in my pocket. Got down on my knees and held up the ring waiting for her to turn around. It took her 5-10 seconds to turn around and some poking and prodding from me because she was so intent on finding these whales in the water. When she did she had to double take to make sure she saw things right and then Demanded in a stern voice "Got off the ground and put it on my finger!!" I had to ask her twice to get a yes because she had totally forgot I even asked her. Then we did the whole typical kiss and hug and whatnot. I turned and pointed up to the balcony where her family was all standing and watching with my camera taking pictures of the whole even going down. Some of the pictures didn't end up coming out clear because Her mom isn't much of a photographer but you get the idea for sure anyways. Then to top the day off we had an amazing swell for surfing and played in the water till it was time to drive home.
So ya thats that. Aside from that I am doing very well and am quite successful here in Nanaimo still. Work hard and moving up the chain in Aquatics. I just landed my Full time Permanency at and a supervisory role here for the evenings. Not the best of hours but hours at least and good wage. Hopefully within the next year starting up the Electricians program or joining the RCMP, whatever one accepts me first. Tamara is finishing off her Teaching Degree and will then be looking for work as well. I think we will always be Island folk whether it be in Nanaimo or not, we love it here and our families are the most important things in our lives.
Much Love
Aaron Carl Denninger
9 comments:
Congratulations buddy.
Congrats Aaron! You just SHOCKED me outta the water! Wasn't expecting it but am so thankful that the Lord is answering one of the deepest desires of your heart. May you continue to trust His timing and His ways... for they are perfect! ... "No good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless."
Very cool, Aaron! Praise God for his faithfulness to you (bringing to mind some conversations during Kaleo). May you together look to him for every provision in the days ahead.
congrats brother! soo exciting. Married life is great! Praise the Lord! SOoo great to hear from you as well and get an update! :D
WOW! That is awesome, so good to finally hear from you Aaron!
exciting !
congratulations friend :)
awesome sauce awesome sauce!!!! blessings on you both my friend!
wow! soo cool Aaron! Congrats!
Sooo sweet bro...stoked for you guys!
Post a Comment