Thursday, January 12, 2012

Elizabeth Lynn Grochowski

Hi family!

I hope you all had an amazing Christmas and New Year. My Christmas was uneventful waiting patiently for our baby to arrive. Our New Year's day however started with contractions at 7am and ended with a baby in the evening. I wrote all about her birth, don't worry it's PG, on my own blog where you can read about it there if you like. here is the link. http://thevoicehegaveme.blogspot.com/

I had her at home and could not have been happier about choosing to do so. It was wonderful to be able to be in the comfort of my own home and have her in the water. I ended up having to be transferred to the hospital due to a complication that made me loose too much blood. I lost about 1.5 litres of blood and ended up getting a high fever at the hospital and even though we didn't want to be at the hospital we ended up there for 2 days. I questioned the Lord as to why that had to happen but it gave Jon, myself and the baby time to bond just us three. We didn't have to worry about Abigail and her schedule, she was in good hands with her grandparents.

Abigail loves her baby sister and helps bring me diapers and wipes when it's time to change her. When she wakes in the morning she wants to see "mommy and baby."

Healing has been slow due to the complication but rest and sleep have been the key to battling it. Jon has been wonderful in giving Abigail extra attention and cleaning and cooking so that I may rest and tend to the baby. I forgot how hard it is waking every 2 hours in the night but things are getting easier and we are some what settling into a routine.

Love and miss you all.



3 comments:

lord bb said...

congradulations may the lord bless this child and your family. we all miss you too.
sincerely
Lord bb

Deborah Fisk said...

can you believe you have TWO KIDS!! wow. how blessed!
so excited for you shan ban and i love the pics!
prayers flowing out to you.
love Deb

kylie.a said...

What a beautiful story Shan! Thanks for all the pictures too, she is such a cutie! Lots of love to all FOUR of you!