Sunday, April 15, 2012

Breaking Ground

God gave us a year of fallow - you know, like the Israelites were told to do with their fields every seven years - one in which things grew as they wanted to rather than had to. It looked like this: wrapping up our time with Kaleo; selling and moving out of our 100 year old house; giving up both of our dogs; two weeks in Ucluelet; another two in Kelowna; a month housesitting in Duncan and another in Victoria; a trip across Canada visiting 90 Kaleo students; then 8000 km of travel around New Zealand; and finally a month of volunteering at another camp on the Island.

So, what's next? Friday evening, I was sitting in a kayak on the quiet waters of Cowichan Lake with the sun warming my back, and suddenly I knew what we should do. So yesterday, I accepted the position of the Director of Camp Imadene's Auxano program. This is a discipleship program for young adults of college age, focusing on biblical training and service, running from September to April. The goal for the fall is about 12 students (they had 5 as a trial run this year) and I will work alongside two other leaders (like Kaleo's interns), who are yet to be determined.

Right now we are living in Honeymoon Bay (see? I can be romantic!) in a beautiful waterfront home that belongs to friends. We never get tired of looking out the window.

Just wanted you to know: we are breaking up the fallow ground and getting ready to plant once again. Your prayers have been and will be appreciated. Miss you all!

6 comments:

Daneille Dirk said...

Jimbad I am SO excited for you! That is fantastic. I so want to come and be part of another school like program with you! Those 12 students don't know what they're in for! Blessings in your new journey!

Jeremiah said...

I am really glad you decided to take that position! My prayers are with you, Jim!
I can't wait to see where this takes you and where you take it. Our Father has surely gone before you and prepared this field.

Much love!

eric johnson said...

Pleased to hear this, Jim! Praying for continued strength and wisdom for you both.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome, fantastic opportunity. A friend of mine was in the trial run of the Auxano program, and I'm so excited to hear what God does with you there!
Blessings
Amelia
P.s. I have something to mail you and Sarah... Any chance you'd want to email me your new mailing address? amelia.c.lowe@gmail.com!

Deborah Fisk said...

wow oh wow! what an amazing view!!! :D
jim im so happy for you and sarah! what an awesome experience you had traveling...and now what an awesome experience you are about to have! God is leading!!! im so glad it is so evident he is taking care of you both!
hope to see you soon!!
deb:)

lord bb said...

Jim
congraduations i wish you every success in your ministry. i also praise God for what he has done in you over this past year and what he will do through you in the years to come.

sincerely
lord bb