Mr. David Walter Grochowski.
This fella came into the world on May 10th, 2013 at 6:32pm. Labour was great as always but delivery was a little more difficult maybe due to the fact that he was 10lbs 7oz! I ended up losing 40% of my blood as well but recovered really quickly and was able to leave the hospital the next day at noon.
The girls love him to pieces! Elizabeth loves giving him kisses and stroking his hair and Abigail has taken on the over protective big sister role.
He is now 2 weeks old and it has been a little bit of a rough go. He would cry and not be able to settle and we just did not understand why. We first thought it was gas so we tried pretty much everything a parent can try when they have a gassy baby but it wasn't working. Then someone at my church asked if maybe it could be reflux. I did some reading up on it and it turns out that is exactly what he has. Silent reflux to be exact. Since this discovery and making the changes that I needed to with his daily routine he has been a much happier baby and I can actually put him down!!
It's different having a boy but I love it. I call him by bubba or bugaboo. He looks a lot like Abigail did when she was a new born and it brings tears to my eyes sometimes because Abigail is now 3! Life is so precious and these babes that I have are even more so. They are the highlight of my life and I wouldn't change a thing about how we had them so quickly. Life is so extremely short and I see it more being a mom and at how quickly my children grow.
Hope life is going well for everyone and if not remember "This too shall pass." Something I had to keep reminding myself over these past fews weeks of not sleeping or being able to put bubba down.
Blessings,
Shannon




2 comments:
Awe Shan he is adorable!!! Congratulations! And he is so big!!! You are so strong :) I am glad you figured out what was up. Makes the transition home so much easier!
great pics shan! your quite the photographer now!
and your boy is beautiful! the feet just made my heart melt especially. AHHHH BABY FEET :D
love you shan! Eventually you will get sleep again:P
big hugs!
Post a Comment