Monday, August 17, 2009

Wait...What Did God Just Do?

Ok so it's been a while now since I've talked to any of you Kaleos but a lot has changed since the last time I've posted so I thought I'd update you guys. So first schooling and the internship is the first big change that I've gone through. So the last time I talked to you guys I had decided to do the Internship at Camp. Well things kinda fell through there. As of a fews weeks ago I found out that I will not be doing the internship at camp so that put me back on the path to finding what I'm going to do in the fall. Knowing that its too late to apply for any schools other then Briercrest and seen that God was clearly telling me that I was not to go to Briercrest I will be doing nothing in the fall. It will be that time that I need to sit back relax and figure out everything I'm still learning since Kaleo. Starting in January I hope to be going to Trinity Western which was the school I wanted to go to in the first place instead of Kaleo. So the thing that I asked myself as soon as I started to look into Trinity again was "Why God did you give me back the first thing that I wanted to do and make it seem like there were 5 different options" basically what I've been doing ever since finding out the I'm not interning is looking at different schools and getting feedback on them. And here I am in the same place I was in April of my grade 12 year, trying to make money to go to Trinity...yay for circles! going around and around in my plans has started to get frustrating and I'm hoping that this is where God wants me to be because I'm starting to run out of time to find out what to do next year. But I know that God's timing is perfect even if it seems to be last minute.

On top of all that school stuff, I have been focusing on the campers here at Qwanoes and getting really drained from everything that I need to pour into these campers. Don't get me wrong this summer has been amazing what I said to myself at the start of the summer is that 2009 was going to be the longest but best summer I've ever had at camp and it has been. This is my last week though so I'm trying to give this last group of boys the most amazing Josh Whincup that I can be. So I'd ask for prayer in finishing off this summer strong.

Also on top of all that I have been slowly been figuring things out about my Torch-bearing for the Olympics. A few days ago I got an email confirming that I will be running the Torch somewhere between Regina and Swift Current. But today I got some really really SWEET news! Today my mom called me and told me that next week Coca-Cola wants to fly me out to Toronto and pay for my hotel and everything there if I would be an Olympic Torchbearer Role Model for them. So basically, as of what I know now, this will consist of me being on stage on national television next week with 9 other torchbearers receiving the highest honors a Torchbearer can receive! So I'm super excited for this once in a lifetime experience!

So yeah a lot has changed in my life in the last few weeks but through all of this the only thing I can say is that as soon as you give things to God he will give you things you could not even possibly dream of getting. Life is good right now like standing on one of God's mountains but if there's anything that Kaleo taught me is that I have to remember that feeling and get ready to head into the dark valley.

God Bless You K6!   

6 comments:

Deborah Fisk said...

hey you.
where you going to be in toronto?!
if you are around for more than a day or two we should catch up!
just a thought.
glad you are pouring yourself into those kids!!!! God is the strength you need to continue to do so, not your own.

JAKE said...

ya ditto that. let me know when your in the hood man.

jake.

Josh W said...

Yo Toronto peeps so i'm going to be in Toronto on the 25th I get into Toronto at 1 in the morning and leave at 9:45 in the evening so I'd say the best place to hang with me would have to be at the airport when I'm getting ready to leave it won't be for very long but if you can want to see me that would probably be the best chance cause I'll be really busy with the Olympic stuff.

Josh W said...

or maybe for a few quick minutes around the Rogers Center cause i'm staying at the Radisson Hotel Admiral Toronto Harbourfront which is right in the heart of that area

Brandon R said...

Sweet man, im so excited about what's going on in your life.. Im praying for you, Take Care man of God..

Malayne said...

so cheesed! i cant even be happy for you Josh!!
you stole my dream of being 2010 Torch bearer!!

and of top of that!! TV!! GAH!!!!

haha just kidding! that so sweet!! ill look for you! you have to say "I love Malayne" on national tv!