Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Spirit is Downcast.

hey k6

Similar to Leila I have also not talked to many of you...actually I have not talked to ANY of you. Frankly it sucks...however I know you all have your own lives and busy schedules...it just kinda stinks that i'm not apart of all of your lives on so many levels....on a depressing note..if i or we keep this up..i may not recognize what amazing people you have all become down the road....cuz hey lets face it the deb of 2008-2009 is not the same as the deb of 2013!!! wish i could see you guys laugh and grow. that said... know you are missed.

As for me, I don't know why, but I feel like updating you all on the journey I am on.

I am still lacking friends. I am still busy. I am still shallow.

let me elaborate:
-Yes..I am still lacking girl friends. Toronto is not as friendly as I thought it would be:( The person who picks up and moves probably one of the most...finds it hard to settle and make friends. I can't explain it....but among non-believes and believers I have experienced alienation probably close to if not more than what I experienced in Taiwan. I have been chewed up and spit out by one too many. I try to be friendly..to show everyone my genuine interest...and yet I get nothing back...is my life boring to people? My spirit is downcast.

- I am working 29 hours a week while going to that alternative highschool I told you all about.
So I pretty much wake up at 8. Go to school until 2 or 3:20 and then have an hour of rest or do other life responsabilites I have to do. and then go to work from 5 until 10:30 or 11. Life. is. INSANE. somewhere in there I have to study for that math i need to pass ...and my other classes. My Spirit is Downcast.

-I am still shallow. I am not being spiritually fed. I am lacking so much in my spiritual journey. I constantly measure myself up to impossible perfection. I am a Galatian...doing everything on my own...doing my works...working for my faith...trying to be perfect for him....and constantly I find a new hole to fill ...but the holes never stop. they will always come...always be there. My Spirit is Downcast.

That is my life. That is my spirit. This is my journey. Its rough..but I know things will eventually look up. I know I will eventually make friends. I pray I will eventually grasp some serious spiritual strength. I pray that I will find joy. I hope to live each day well...like its the last..but its hard. My Spirit Is Downcast.

So K6. I bid you all farewell...and I really do wish you all WELL! to where ever life is taking you right now. I pray blessings over all of you. Even though we do not talk. You are missed. And I dont mean to depress any of you in my letter..just let you know whats happening in my life and i guess how you could pray for me. on a less serious note: GO TEAM CANADA:D
love
deborah

6 comments:

Beats said...

It is good to hear from you Deb, Thank you for letting us know whats up. It is so cool to hear your struggles and prayers and then hear you hope. because the prayers that you have are not falling upon deaf ears, God hears them and will answer them on his time, be patient.

Ps. You obviously moved to the wrong city everyone knows Winnipeg has way nicer people in it than Toronto.

Jim Badke said...

Hey Deb! Thanks so much for writing, and I am sorry that I have not stayed in touch with you! I am glad you let us know where things are at for you, which is (as during Kaleo) a big part of us caring for you.

Should you stay in Toronto? Is this a good place for you? What's keeping you from getting up and finding a place that is healthier for you?

I would love to chat with you. Could you email me a number and time to give you a call?

Brandon R said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brandon R said...

Hey Deb, I kind of feel the same way in that I am out of touch, which is kinda expected, but still pretty sad. But yea thanks for giving me something to read about your life, I pray for amazing fellowship to be brought into your life. In Jesus name! Your bro in Christ, Brandon.

Brandon R said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brandon R said...
This comment has been removed by the author.