Dear brothers and sisters,I think more people should blog on here! It's almost been three years since our Kaleo started, and I'd LOVE to hear what our good Lord has been up to in your lives. Deal?
Seriously. I'm not joking.
I got an email earlier this week, and after my heart processed the news, all I could think about was how much I longed to share it with you... In the recent months, I've deeply missed our community. When I was sitting in church this morning, I was thinking about how different life is outside of Kaleo. You'd think that, by now, I would have realized that already, but I guess another wave of realization hit me while I was sitting in that pew.
It's almost as if I keep expecting Kaleo to start up again... For me to be removed from everyday reality and placed back in a safe community where my faith can grow, sheltered and protected... And in all honesty, that probably won't happen any time soon.
If I'm being frank with you... My spiritual life has been rather stunted as of late. I have coasted, and then I wonder why I'm so unhappy or angry or miserable. I don't make time for the most important relationship of my life. I love Jesus more now than I ever have, but I still feel as if I'm waiting for something to happen... Waiting for an "ok" to start fresh. Does that make any sense?
In February I applied for the Bachelors Degree program for Child and Youth Care at UVic. I was over a month early for the application deadline, and I exceeded all of the program requirements. In fact, I was certain that I would be accepted. Nathan and I put our deposit down on a rental place within walking distance to UVic, so I could walk to school. We began planning our future life together largely around me being in this program... And the email I got this week told me that I wasn't accepted into it.
Obviously, God has something else in mind for me. What is it? I haven't the faintest clue... I was so sure he wanted me in the CYC program, so now I feel like I'm trying to fumble around in the dark to find me way...
Needless to say, I could really use your prayers. Please pray the the Lord would show me what he wants me to do. I want to meet with a counselor at UVic to talk about other options and other programs that I could still get into. I'm starting to realize His guidance in this situation, which is great, but I'd love to be able to see where He wants me.
Also, prayer for strength. Our wedding is 41 days away (not that I'm counting or anything), and I just can't wait to be married! Stress is starting to amp up, and I'd rather just enjoy this time we've been given.
Thank you, K6'ers. I miss you and love you tons.
PLEASE BLOG MORE!
Your K6 family desperately wants to hear how you are.
All my love!
A.
2 comments:
wow meels. i have no idea how much that must have taken you aback by getting a letter like that. wow. i am really going to be praying for you. cuz like me...i am at a time where I dont know what God has planned as well...and giving over the reigns ...i mean REALLY leaving it up to him is a personal struggle. I am so excited for your marriage...and i love you and nathan both! ESPECIALLY YOU:D prayers girl. i hope your heart heals quickly...something amazing will come from this regrettable closed door.
BIG HUGS
deborah
Thanks Amelia! Seems like eons since I have seen you! We know what it feels like to face the great wide open, and it is scary and wonderful at the same time. May God make his presence known to you - in your past, your present and your future, above, below and all around you!
Post a Comment