How good and pleasant it is
when God’s people dwell together in unity!
It is like precious oil poured on the head,
running down on the beard,
running down on Aaron’s beard,
down on the collar of his robe.
It is as if the dew of Hermon
were falling on Mount Zion.
For there the LORD bestows his blessing,
even life forevermore.
- Psalm 33:1-3
Brothers and sisters! A couple of weeks ago I was having dinner with Erin at this sweet Mexican place and we got nostalgic talking about Kaleo, and I told her I hadn't checked the blog in a long time, hadn't really talked to anyone in a long time. And then gave me a disgusted look and told me to not be that guy.
But as I was thinking about what I would even say, what kind of update I would give, I was reminded of these verses in the Psalms. "How good is it when God's people dwell together in unity!" Man, do those words resound with me right now. How good it would be for us to sit together as Gods people right now, wouldn't it?
Life is good. I'm a week out of going back to Briercrest for my final year where I'll get an English degree with a minor in Theology. On one hand, love Briercrest, and I love what happens there. On the other hand I am comfortable where I am. So God continues to call me, and I think us, to step out into uncertainty.
As for you guys, man I've been praying for you guys lately. Tom - you are constantly in my prayers, know that brother. For healing, for continued intimacy with the Father (also you got a gf, what up). Amelia, praying so much for you and Nathan as you do this crazy thing called marriage together...so excited for you guys.
Oh, and if you live on the Island I am coming out for September 25th-30th with Cal for Spiritual Formation for the K9's. I would love to see anyone who is around.
Much love you guys,
Jake
2 comments:
JAKERS!
Thank you sincerely for your prayers brother, miss you something fierce!
I'll try and schedule a visit up to Kaleo to see you when you're down at the end of September!
Let me know if you're going to drop in on me at church again like you did last year :P
Love!
AUGH the week I start school.
Ill make it my mission to stop by.
Post a Comment