well fam I now have a terrible 2yr old (she's not really terrible..lol) and soon to have a 3 month old coming up on the first of April. Life in the Grochowski house is quite full now a days. Wake feed baby, put baby back to sleep, go back to sleep for an hour, wake feed baby, Abigail wakes, change abby, feed abby breakfast, feed baby, change baby, baby spits up, change Lizzy and so on and so forth...lol.
Everyone is doing well Abigail is growing like a weed and is starting to repeat everything she hears and talking in sentences!! She is absolutely so smart that girl I can not believe it! Elizabeth is growing so fast as well. With all her hair and how big she is I feel like she should be crawling already or something but she can just now start to hold her head up for more than a second at a time, haha. I adore my girls and love being a mommy, well 99% of the time anyway.
As for my spiritual life it is kind of dull right now. I've been horrible at being in the Word like I should be and having feelings of frustration and uncontentment with fellow Christians that I am surrounded by. Jon and I have a hard time meeting friends I guess. We have not found a couple yet that we can regularly get together with and come into fellowship with who are at the same stage in life that we are: young, married, have children and are Christian. As you all know i'm all for having non-christian people in my life but it would be really nice if we could meet some and be able to challenge each other in parenting and in life by biblical standards. That is where my uncontentment comes from as for the frustration aspect I feel like no one wants to be different, set a part you know. That we have become desensitized by the world that we compromise our beliefs and what we know to be true.
Seeing Christians at a bar with their non-christain friends, or seeing pictures of them taking shots. I just don't get it. Everything about a night club screams sin. The main purpose of a club is for people to get drunk, hook up, dress revealing etc. And even if you are not getting drunk, hooking up or dressing revealing in my personal opinion you are saying to your friends that it's OK that they are doing it by being with them if your main purpose for going with them is to have a good time and not use the opportunity strictly to share the gospel. Even the music is rancid and dishonoring.
I don't know family, am I wrong? Would Jesus be happy with us going to bars and participating in drinking and dancing to fill our desire and pleasures? And I feel like a failure for not properly mentoring a semi new Christain friend of mine who is doing just these things. I'm stuck between thoughts and feelings of, "does it even matter?" "take the spec out of your own eye" and a sense of responsibily for bearing the name of Christ and being there has a sister in Chris to help direct a path of rightousness.
I shared my feelings in our small group a few weeks back and we ended up doing a series which we are still working on about grey areas like going to clubs, living together before marriage, smoking , birth control, secular music and movies. Taking those areas and defending our position by scripture. He got us to read 1 cor. 8-10 as well. And even though we have the freedom to choose Paul did not use his freedom for his self pleasure he used it to bring others to Christ. So even though we have the freedom whether or not to go to a club or whether or not to go see that R rater movie I feel we should stay away to better show the change in us that Christ has made, to be different, to be set a part, to live radically different!
Jon made a great point in small group one night. He said this, "the bible talks a lot about how we are running a race. When you are a runner you go into strict training to be able to complete the race ahead. You rid yourself from anything that would hinder you. So when we watch a non christian movie that may not be too bad we still come away from it with nothing, it didn't benefit us at all and most likely subcontiencly added junk but when we watch a christain movie we walk away with biblical morals and values that build us up adding nutrition instead."
I dunno, those are my thoughts and I wanted to share. On a lighter note, check out my darling Abigail and family :D
much love,
Shannon
5 comments:
Baby's momma momma! LOL!
i don't get it...
Haha sorry Shan. Jon made a comment "baby's momma momma" about 30 seconds in then laughed. That's part of the intro to Sorry Mrs. Jackson by Outkast. Classic!
oh i didn't even realize he said that..lol
Abagail's laugh is contagious. So cute.
Bless you and your beautiful family! I'll be praying that you find another couple to fellowship with soon.
All my love!!!
Post a Comment