Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Butterflies and Excitement!!!

Hey y'all! So, I guess this makes me the third Kaleo '08/'09 person to blog on here. This is so exciting!

So, I guess for a little background of why I'm planning on going to Kaleo... I have a friend who's currently at Kaleo, and she's sounded soo excited about the whole thing. So, then, when I randomly found a brochure at my church, I decided to check it out on the internet. Needless to say, as I was on the site, I ended up getting crazy butterflies and this insanely excited feeling, like maybe, just maybe, God has big plans for me at this place. As a matter of fact, they're the kind of excited, can't sit still butterflies that I have right now as I think about going more and more and as I read your posts! I've been looking around at different bible schools, because my plan all along has been to dedicate that year right after high school to God; to discovering his calling and establishing strong roots for the rest of my grown-up life. And Kaleo just feels right! Out of all the other schools, its the one I feel the most drawn to; the one I feel I'm already a part of, already in too deep to even want to consider somewhere else. I think I'll experience things different from everything I've ever known and am comfortable with, which is why I'm so excited and also slightly terrified about the whole thing. Anyways, I feel very scatter-brained in this post. Hope it made some sense to you all! :) Can't wait to meet you all!

- Jess

12 comments:

stacyingram said...

Hey Jess!

I will most definitely be praying for you. And I totally know what you mean about the butterflies. I get them every time as well! I am super pumped to see God work in my life and in everyone else's life at Kaleo. It'll be an amazing experience and I can't wait! Have an amazing week and as Paul would say, "May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you."

God bless you.

Stacy

Jeri said...

Wow. I am so impressed with you guys already, and it's not even March yet. (I'm a Kaleofour-er, name's Jeri, nice to meet you!) Wow, you are about to have the time of your life thus far, and don't ever stop giving God the credit for bringing you onto this amazing adventure filled with epicness, laughter, crying, changing, growing, filling, and being in God's will, and being used by Him.

Anonymous said...

Oi, Hey Jess, sounds like you're having a typical response to pre-kaleo. Yeah fasten your seatbelt for the craziest ride of your life. and out of curiosity, who's your friend here right now? (I am currently doing kaleo) Oh and you should aply for camp here this summer to get a feel for your new home for a year

Jesse said...

Hey Josh, my friend there right now is Jahnaya Cey. I'm soo psyched for the school year, but as for the camp thing...I've been thinking about working there for the summer. But, its kinda a long ways away from where I live so... it might not work out. Are you working there this summer?

Anonymous said...

Yeah I am, and you so should work here if it works out! There are a few of my friends from camp that are planning to do Kaleo next year so you could get to know them ahead of time

Deborah Fisk said...

jess.
yah im basically in the same boat as you. spending a year with God after highschool and get the base!

anyhoo random question...lol...do you prefer hot weather or cold and why?
hahah okay...have fun controling those butterflies

fisk

Jesse said...

hmm...I love random questions! I think I prefer hot weather, simply because you can do so many fun activities in hot weather so much more easily. And, living in Saskatchewan, we get lots of cold so hot weather is more of a valuable commodity! Consider the butterflies still going crazy, but slightly contained!
-Jess

Jesse Donald Douglas Janzen said...

Ahhh it is good that a new Jesse can grace this coming Kaléo. Jesse's make or break the whole year you know.

Jesse said...

Haha... yes. Here I am. I take it there's a tradition of Jesse's?

Jeremiah said...

(Youre talking to a Jesse, and hes wicked-cool)

Jesse said...

(hehe.. I know, right! Did you tell me once that you're friends with him? I think you mighta...)

Jeremiah said...

(hes a brotherfromanothermother for sure. An oddly estranged brotherfromanothermother who needs to come down to Victoria to visit more often.)