Friday, March 14, 2008

SO Stoked!!!!!!!!!!!


Hey Everybody! I saw no one has posted a picture yet besides JimBad, so I thought I'd be the first.
So a little background on my relationship with Camp Qwanoes. Qwanoes is like my home. I have been a camper there for 7 years, and this will be my 4th summer on staff. I have also spent a crazy but amazing year there working in the kitchen and watching the Kaleo 4's grow. After watching them I was determined to do Kaleo 5, but God had other plans. Due to that, I was not able to get a student loan so I had no way of paying for it. So I gave up that idea and instead got a full time job at Subway. I started working thinking that I'd have 2 days off a week and have an easy working year. Hahaha that was a joke. God took me back to camp for a weekend to volunteer and I was in Kaleo 5's prayer room looking around. Right then and there I was like, "I'm doing Kaleo 6". God started shovling in the money and making everything fit into place, and now after a long hard year of working and saving like crazy, I dont even need a loan. All I needed was an acceptance phone call. Now that I have that, I am ten times more excited!!!

Leila Rogers

4 comments:

Deborah Fisk said...

so...random question...what is one thing in life you wannna try but scares you (ex. bundgie jumping).:)

fisk
btw...awesome on you for like working so hard for something u wanted.

Leila said...

Umm...... Umm.... Good question, I dont really have an awnser for that. I would like to go parashuting (cant spell) But I've seen to many accidents on TV so I dont think I would ever do it.

Aaron Denninger said...

Hey Leila, you by chance got facebook?

Leila said...

Yeah find me. I'm under Leila Rogers