Hey e'rebody,
my names Jeremiah, and I just got accepted for K6. Ill start with a little background info:
I have always had God on my mind in one form or another, I just never knew exactly how to classify or identify Him until around highschool, which is when I started reading the Bible. Since then its been a slow uphill journey, and I've loved every second of it! The Lord has truly provided me with some excellent teachers and some ears to hear them with.
That about sums up the past, onto the future; who's gonna live with me come September??
Im into music, reading, climbing trees, and gaming (although I doubt ill have much time for gaming at Qwanoes!). For music im pretty open: folk, indie, jazz, blues, rock and/or roll, metal. Any of you guys with similar tastes feel like producing a little one room four bed atmosphere of rocking out and worshipping? Eh? Ehhh?
Okay, enough awkward introductions, my msn addy is pheonix99@hotmail.com, add me up and introduce yourselves and we can be friends before we even meet at Kaleo, yeah?
God Bless you all, I cant wait for September!
31 comments:
You added a label! I'm so proud already. The room is an interesting concept because God has a really neat way of shaping the rooms perfectly. If you find people ahead of time, sweet. If you can't, don't worry they have a rigorous and extremely biblical way of deciding rooms . . . ever heard of casting lots? I wouldn't change my room for anything and I picked a rubber duckie out of a pool, so don't even worry about it man.
-Viktor (Kaleo IV)
sweet casting lots is a great way of deciding these things. Thanks for the info!
the only room he Vic would have changed for is 212*
JERE YOURE DOING KALEO?!?!?!?!
Thats right I am!! woot woot
what are you doing this sept?? long time no see
why is your bro going to Taiwan for uni? thats actually pretty cool...want me to give him any pointers..or has he been here before?
and about the spelling..um lol i kinda used spell check:) i would fail without it:(
btw ull have to introduce me to some of ur music!
aite later
fisk
He has deffinitly been before, he also has lived in China, HK, all over.
Ill be sure to grab all the cds I can find and bring em.
White Stripes, Outlaw Social, Buck 65, Sufjan Stevens - those are the heavy hitters with me.
A little Death Cab never hurt anyone, neither.
Ahh....this is good music, indeed! I think we might need to start up a CD swapping club next year.
yah ur deffinatly gonna own me/educate in the music department...im excited to hear some new stuff. i dont have many c.d.s but alot of songs from friends on my ipod...so we shall see what u know from there:)
so if ur bro has been all over...has he taken you anywhere in asia...or gotten u anything really cool from over here? dude hk is amazing. and i hope he did the great wall?!
later
fisk
He always comes back with clothes that look better on me than him, much to his disappointment and my enjoyment. He also brought me a little stamp and ink thing with my name on it and a rabbit (my year).
About music: I totally forgot Air, Air is deffinitly one of my favorites. The album they did with Beck especially.
already talking about the music eh? Three words, Dave Matthews Band. Period. Okay so actually i like a ton more music but right now they're right at the top. Oh and this rock out, worship atmosphere idea definitely sounds like a blast! I seriously need to actually post my own story thingie and stop commenting. I'm just being a little lazy.
Paul
dmb is pretty awesome, I dont know much of it though.
Yeah you should post a thingo, and add me to msn or facebook or whatever, too.
what genre is Air...that is one band i have never heard of...so far that u have listed.
yah t-shirts over here are pretty awesome..cheep cheep and like the fakes of designer clothes that usually ppl cant tell the diff so thats always nice te he he.
out of secular....u like paramore...or choidos...or saosin? just a few off the top of my head that i enjoy...christian wise i like pillar kutles (but only their old stuff)...p.o.d. skillet...u know ...all the good stuff..flyleaf is probably the latest thing i bought that i enjoy..and i cant forget EMERY! very good stuff...'walls' there BEST!
anyhoo what year is the rabbit anyways? lol so technically im asking how old you are:P
later
fisk
Air is kinda electronic, smooth funky atmosphere music. Speaking of, Atmosphere is pretty awesome too!
I donno much Christian music (just borrowed my first delirious cd!) but so far jars of clay is my favorite I think. Ive never heard of any of your secular picks.
Imma be 21 in June
DUDE U HAVENT HEARD ANY OF THAT? omgosh ....and ur listening to jars of clay and delirious? omgosh no no nO! lol well that stuff is good but wow...im gonna show u the good stuff if ur into rock...maybe a little screamo....and good praise and worship.
heres a few
-the classic crime
-kutless im sure u may like (there old stuff though)
-underoath if ur into screaming
-emery again a mixture of rock and screaming
-pillar
-pax 217
-grits is rap if ur into that?!
-thousand foot krutch is AMAZING
-anberlin is awesome too
-falling up (more punkish though)
-ghoti hook is pretty sweet
-KIDS IN THE WAY very good screamo /hard rock
-project 86
-relient k is alright im kinda tired of them though
-switchfoot =if u like delirious u will like them
-yah and i have some christian techno but the name has like disipeared from my head at the moment.
so ill deffinatly be brining alot of my christian music..everr been to a christian book store in over there? alot of good stuff basically all teh c.d.s i just listed are there.
anyhoo...wow 21 thats a HUGE year...im turning 18 tomorrow lol...and i feel old. lol. i think my bday rocks april FOOLS day woot!.
anyways sorry about the huge list. have fun hunting on the internet if you ever wanna chekc them out.
u can go to sites like www.toothandnails.com or i think thats the website plus lots more.
anyhoo gotta go.
fisk
aha I actually got thousand foot crutch unrecommended to me once. Switchfoot I like.
Im not really into screaming... I do like some good hip hop though --Kanye for the parties, Atmosphere and Sage Francis for the easy listening.
Thanks very much for the list, ill keep my eyes out.. although I cant really afford cd's at all! I borrowed all the Christian music I have.
deborah you know the classic crime? the lead singer is my friend's brother in law, i remember back when they were known as Orizon. also, were all you invited to this blog? Because I don't think I can post anything, unless I'm doing it wrong haha.
Wow...Paul?! Are you serious?! I'm a huge fan of the classic crime too! Thats crazy.. umm..I know I was invited to the blog, but I dunno bout everyone else.
yeah I was invited as soon as all my stuff was sent in to Jim
hmm i guess i'm just not important enough to be invited lol.
do you have gmail...and we all got invited with an email to our address by kaleo.
hmmm u got that one saying set yourself up with a gmail account?
anyhoo paul THAT IS AMAZING...dude ...ur pretty lucky in my books! get me any cheep t-shirts from the band? ill pay u back:P jk jk..u dont have to;)
anyways jeremiah...so u like dance music? i think i have some christian dance tunes that are pretty cool but i gotta find them at home...
feel special man we all check your blogg to talk:P
later debb
btw ill bring some burnt c.ds. of my music.
Yeah I got the email with the google account offer thing.
I like dance music, though I pretty much only dance when no one's around.
Im pretty tall and lanky and I always end up losing my balance or whacking someone in the face with a random flailing fist or something.
Itd be sweet to dance/worship though, so im pretty excited!
hey atleast your excited to dance/worship...some ppl wont even get outta their bubble to be different.
dude...how tall are you then? 6 smth?
i bet you'd be pretty good at moshing...cuz fists fly all the time there yah?
so if ur into music do u play anything....and how about like sports what do u like to do?
sorry for writing all the time...
fisk
Before I answer the questions, fun story... I was walking home from the busstop this morning, listening to my beloved ipod (nano, 2 gig last gen). I ran across the busy street, and just before I passed the last lane I had to cross, the 'pod flew out of my pocket disconnecting from my headphones. I got to the other side and looked back, it was sitting unharmed about five inches into the lane. A car fast approached. I looked to the ipod, to the tires. I knew they lined up. I looked pleadingly to the driver, closed my eyes and mouthed, "Please!" and heard a startling crunch, and a clear POP, followed by a sorrowful clatter. I shambled over to my destroyed technology, picked it up, and began to cross the grassy knoll leading to my backyard fence. Foolishly hopeful, I plugged into the jack. Pressing play, a light shone from beneath the shattered and bent display as a high pitched tone slowly degraded into silence. I tried the fastforward -- and the next song began to play perfectly! My before boringly stereotypical ipod now has the most intense battle scars imaginable - the screen is completely unreadable - but the music is clear as day!
Okay so thats my morning.
Regarding my height, 6'3 in the mornin, lose an inch or so by evening.
Mosh pits: yes
Music: plan to learn harmonica by Sept
Sports: tree climbin, scrabble, bocci
I like most sports, just dont play them much.
dude. thats flippin awesome. gosh i woulda cried if my ipod broke...snap...lucky!
but yah very good story i could totally picture it.
ug i have a really bad story...about dolphins and me...lol but i think u need to see my facial expressions to get the whole thing...so i guess ill save that for another day.
probably the only cool story i have latley...was like on my vacation we were eating at a resturant..and my dad being my dad told the ppl there that i played the drums..and i got pulled up on stage and played 2 songs with the band...and i actually fit in with them...no rehursal or anything..so that was pretty sweet.
harmonica...very interesting choice...how did you pick it..and self teaching?
bocci is cool but i HATE scrabble...okay well no i dont but its only cuz i cant spell.
-take care of the ipod, ill give you huge props if you manage to keep it alive for kaleo.
fisk
oh, youll see 'scrappy' as I have named him.
I picked the harmonica cause its totally awesome. Specially at the start of one of my favorite songs "The Vagabond" (air)
Thats awesome about the drums. I totally freeze up in situations like that.
dude do u think more ppl are coming to kaleo? theres no new ppl!:O
oi oi nice talking to you on msn btw are you always on at that late..or is it like 3 times a week or smth.
talk to you later ITS FRIDAY! woot!
fisk(y?):P
im not always on, depends on how sleepy I am. I KNOW more people are comin to Kaleo, Jim told me there were like... 18? I cant remember. There should be 28 by the time the year starts though...
Its awesome talking to you on msn!
ps. I whooped you at gaming! (well, maybe...I'm not even sure who I was playing...)
When random video games night rolls around it's game on Jeremiah. Game on.
haha oh Lauren, dont know anything about Chivalry?
You want a real match ill give you one. But beware, ill pwn you so hard youll feel it next year.
shalom
dude i have a completely random questions...do i need double or single sized bed sheets lol.
i know i cant believe how retarded i sound but im dieing to know how big the bed is and like what size sheets ill need...im such a loser...
u know more about kaleo then me...got any clue?:P
okay im gonna go hide in a corner
see you jere
fisk
Post a Comment