Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Taiwan Kid

Hey -all you people that I don't know....YET!:)

so...
I wanted to come to Kaleo because 1) I would like some direction in my life 2) I need a strong base with God and 3) there are so many activities I LOVE IT!

I may be wrong (who knows) but I'm assuming I'm the furthest away. I live in Taipei, Taiwan (beside china), and have been here for my whole highschool (5 years now). I don't know Mandarin (still taking french)....and its so crazy to be a minority over here! Yeah...for those of you that have been in Asia its a pretty crazy cultural experience.

About me:
-I love sports (mostly soccer and rugby and watchin hockey)
-love music...ANYTHING but country!sorry.
-I'm pretty handy...I like to fix things and create things in woodshop.
-and I'm a really happy person
-i cant spell to save my life
-oh and considering I live away from Canada...I am pretty patriotic

alright well it's spring break for me now, so Im gonna go chill.

See you all sooner then later

fisk

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

can't wait to meet you either!

Jeremiah said...

I dont think I saw a single misspelling!

My brother is going to Taiwan for school in September!

Do you have msn? If so, join the wave! pheonix99@hotmail.com

Jim Badke said...

High five on the country music thing! Good to have you on board, Deborah!

Leila said...

sounds awesome! Can't wait to meet you

Jeremiah said...

fisky fisky..
I got to see all the Kaleo5 students in a big group prayer on sunday. It was amazing, they looked like a family...with many, many siblings of similar ages... so really, not like a family in that sense.
ANYWAY the point is it made me a bazillion times more excited. It was also a little sad because I might not see some of them again.

I thought you might like to hear and be jealous and excited.
-Jeremiah

Jeremiah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deborah Fisk said...

Awesome mate....dude I really hope everyone becomes tight at kaleo. Man what an experience!
So did you know the Kaleo5 ppl befor they came to the sunday prayer?

yup...i am excited right now..dude ur making it harder for me to have to wait untill september....grr seems so far away:( oh oh random question what is one of the first activites u wanna do there?

GO STUDY FOR UR EXAM lol
fisk

Jeremiah said...

I knew a few of them because they came to my church.
Well I think the first thing we do is go sailing, but as for activities... probably ill want to just chill out as a big group and get to know everyone. Maybe climb some trees?

Deborah Fisk said...

im so for climbing tree's! hey have you ever tried slack lining...i tried it last summer with my bro and one of the guys he planted trees with....pretty hard core balancing! u know what it is?

Jeremiah said...

ooo no, what is it?

Deborah Fisk said...

so u have two trees a few meters apart yah?..and then you get some super weird technique of tying the thick heavy duty string around both trees....
looks sumth like this
|-----| the vertical things is the trees HAHAHA.
okay so yah you need a pretty good piece of 3-4 cm wide rope and when its all tight around the tree...u try balancing on the line and try walking across....ITS SO HARD
and some ppl like can sit on the line wiht no hands...and do all theses cool moves...its crazy.
yah if i had the stuff and the skills to make the rope tight with some tool we would so try it....but be warned U NEED UBER CRAZY BALANCING SKILLS!

Jeremiah said...

oooh yeah I see people doing that in the park downtown.

Jeremiah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.