Hey Everyone,
Jim introduced me on the blog a while ago, but someone pointed out to me that no one has posted in 3 or some odd weeks, and that I haven't posted anything.
My name is Jen and I am one of the kaleo interns! I have been working here, at camp qwanoes, since the beginning of advanced crew (which started at the end of april). My job has been helping Jim and two other CIT counselors run the CIT program. For those unfamiliar with qwanoes, our counselor-in-training program is spread over 4 weeks. The first 2 weeks are significant in the spiritual growth of the students and teaching them practical counseling skills. The third week they are in the cabin counseling and their fourth week is Operation Support Crew, which basically means a week of dishes. So far, I have seen so much growth in the lives of the students! This week has been really encouraging seeing them engage with campers and put into practice all that they learned in the first two weeks!
I am super excited for the fall (...how many days now?) and I can't wait to meet all of you! Enjoy the rest of your summer and if you want to talk to me you can add me to facebook or email me at jenlee10@gmail.com
Jen
4 comments:
thanks for ending the silence,
only 56 days!!
Hahaha It took 3 weeks of nagging her before she finally went and wrote this. Now I need to get Jordan to post something that's not just a comment!
Hahaha It took 3 weeks of nagging her before she finally went and wrote this. Now I need to get Jordan to post something that's not just a comment!
Jen Lee!! You are an intern this year? That's fantastic! Kaleo sixers, you are in for a treat! I'll be thinking of you all as you get your things together and get ready to head for camp!
-Julie (Kaleo One)
Post a Comment