Hey guys. Yes I know I posted yesterday but I really felt the need to share something with you. I dont know how many of you guys have been struggling with sin or have been fighting the devil for a while but its tough. As most of you guys know I've wound up in a lot of sin this past year and have had a really hard time escaping it by myself. I'm still not there yet, but today I decided to pick up my bible and turn it somewhere and just read in a hopes that God would speak to me.
The verse is from 1 Corinthians 6: 11-12 where Paul is talking about sexual sin and those who have fallen into the trap of it. He reminds us that it's not the end of the world. This is what he says:
"There was a time when some of you were just like that, but now your sins have been washed away, and you have been made right with God because of what the Lord Jesus Christ and the Spirit of our God have done for you."
It reminded me that whatever the sin is wether sexual or not God will forgive me for it if I promise not to do it again. That goes for all of you! God wants us to be free and not carry a burdin from our sins. he wants to take it from us and have us be free again. Though yes there will be guilt, and there will be sorrow, God can take that and flip it around so it's just a lesson from a memory. And we are reminded of this over and over and over again but it doesnt mean that we fully understand every little detail of it right away. Not fully until we have experienced it for ourselves.
I am not fully healed yet. I am still fighting with the devil day in and day out but I have the upper hand now. And that's a great start. My guilt is still there but I know that that is a good thing. Only now am I able to share these things with you as I have felt embarassed for what had happened and have experienced a lot of pain through loosing my closest friends through my struggles. But it doesnt mean that I am supposed to give up. The fight is still going as I begin to grab my armour of God and put it on.
Guys don't forget this. Please dont forget any of these words that God has spoken through me. For we all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God...it's kist a matter of us remembering that no matter what God will forgive us. All we have to do is promise to him that it will never happen again. That's about all I got.
3 comments:
that's sweet leila !
thanks for sharing,
=)
Im glad someone thinks so
hahahha lees I READ IT AS WELL!! i just dont comment all the time..but beneficial for me to hear!
Post a Comment