Hello My beautiful family!!
I have some news I thought good to share! Please take a look?
Reaching Again: Thanksgiving in Mexico!: Hello Beautiful people! I am afraid I have been terrible at keeping you up to date on what is happening these days. For those who do not...
Also, I owe an update....hopefully to come soon.
Viel liebe alle!!
1 comment:
COPY OF SUPPORT LETTER FOLLOWS:
Dear Family and Friends,
I hope this message finds you well! It is amazing what God can do in one year’s time. Many of you know that I currently attend Azusa Pacific University, but there is something you may not be aware of. The University has an outreach program that serves in Mexicali, Mexico, and this Thanksgiving I will be joining with another student to lead one of the teams.
In the past, God has provided me great opportunities for growth and of deepening my relationship with Him while on short-term mission trips in India, South Africa and the inner cities of Canada. Although I am at school to train for a future in ministry, I firmly believe that God has brought me to APU with a purpose for the here and now. With much prayer, He has brought me to the place where I will have the opportunity to walk with some of my fellow students as some of them take their first ever mission trip.
This will be the first time I take a leadership role in a mission trip, and although I am paired with another to lead our team, there are challenges we are sure to face which we do not yet know. It is for this that I ask you to partner with us in prayer. Some of the most pressing issues for the team are:
For Christ to be the center of what we do and say
For unity as a team
For the time in the midst of busy schedules to prepare for our ministry activities
For the church and the people we will partner with and meet along the way
For finances for all team members and supplies for the ministry
For safety and health before, during, and after the journey
For the Holy Spirit to do a mighty work, and for our hearts to be open to it
While we are in Mexicali, we will be fed, sheltered and provided transportation. The cost for the trip is $260 per person. I ask that you would prayerfully consider partnering with this ministry through supporting me financially. Please do not feel obligated if there are financial circumstances which prevent this, God is good and His work does not lack His supply. Any amount over the $260 personal fee will go towards the team’s supplies which we will need to provide for the ministry with the church we are paired with. That could be anything from community care/service to a VBS program. You may choose to donate specifically to that fund if you like. If you do choose to participate financially, please let me know in order that I can send you a donation card so you can receive a tax-deductible receipt. As the trip, which goes from November 23rd to the 27th, is fast approaching, it may be easiest to follow the online donation option (which you can follow here: MEXICOOUTREACH.IMODULES.COM/GIVE).
The deadline for tax-deductible donations is November 11th.
Another option for financial giving would be to send your donation directly to my school mailbox and I will see that it gets to the right place. I know many of you are students like myself, and finances are not to be messed with. Please know that every dollar counts, if it is 1, 5, or 10 dollars, know that it is going towards Kingdom work.
My mailbox address is:
Miranda Tiede
Azusa Pacific University
PO Box 9521 - Unit # 7126
Azusa CA 91702
I truly pray that this trip not only serves as an avenue to share the love of Christ with those in Mexico, but also as a life-changing experience for all who are involved. Thank you for partnering with me in whatever way you are able, I know that God will bless you for being a part of this ministry no matter which role you play. Thank you so much!
Grace and Peace,
Miranda Tiede
Post a Comment