I don't mean to reign in on Jakes parade.
I am so happy for you dude. congrats!!
just little update/prayer request.
-my aunt is doing much better. emotional but we are super thankful to God that the cancer seems to be all gone from her surgery ...and besides for recovering and possibly radiation she does not need any chemotherapy.
-on a low note. Stephen (the guy I was dating) and I had to call the relationship quits. so i am defs NOT biting the dust. in short. I went to a wedding on saturday, that was so God centred and focused, it made me really think about my relationship with Christ. Sure i love Christ. but he is not my First love. and our relationship did not have God as the centre, he was behind our school books, good times, and excuses (our idols).
God first is the only thing that keeps a marriage together and healthy. I have seen too many christian families in the last 2 years break up, (this has made me quite fearful of marriage).
We had talked about really buckling down, and focusing on God since this summer, but nothing became of it besides church every sunday.
Thus, we decided the only way to make the most important relationship real, was to go it alone. To go on a journey of discouvering by ourselves how to fall inlove with Christ. To put him first in our own lives, and mean every word.
-im heart broken. I wish I met this guy when I was prepared, when I had my heart captured by christ. but its not how this story ended up.
please pray for me. school is distracting for sure as I am crazy busy, but its hard to leave someone you completely love and care about. its so strange, break ups usually happen over ill feelings, but this is not the case at all. I have been a basket case for a few days now.
God is good, he is the most important relationship i can ever have. I gotta buckle down and get serious. i just need strength!!! please pray for focus!
-deb
4 comments:
praying sister! love ya!!
Oh Deb, I hurt for you and am proud of you all at the same time! May God reward your faithful sacrifice with abundance. "Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap" (Luke 6:38). You can never, ever out-give God! May he comfort your heart, and may the two of you remain friends when this all calms down.
Deb you are so strong. Seeing a problem and doing something about it even though the solution is painful.
I have to many friends who I agonize over for going ahead in non-christian or one sided christian relationships because breaking them off would be to hard. Thanks be to God that you had the strength to do what was needed and asked of you.
Hold onto the hope that comes from God and no one else.
thanks for sharing Deb! I am definitely praying for you! May you draw close to God in a new way during this time, as He sustains you! love you sister!
Post a Comment