Sunday, November 20, 2011

Hi! Remember me? I am the person that you once new in kaleo. I am Leila again. I am not a crazy psyco depressed bag of poo anymore. I'm Leila! This is something I have waited to say for almost 2 years now. The worst 2 years in my life have ended! I am in such a better place now in life. I have friends again! I have an amazing group of ladies that I see once a week for bible study who have really helped me through some tough weeks as I got over my ex and moved on in a positive direction. Don't get me wrong, I had quite a few slipups, one that lost me my job. But God has done nothing but shown me grace through all my slipups and has really blessed me with an open door.





Haha....I went to prayer night one night...after living 3 days in a row of anxiety attacks at work. I asked them for prayer to help me find a new job....not just any job. A job that I enjoyed, that payed better, and that allowed me to be mature and more responsible. God answered that.....the next day. One day later I got hired with a company called marquise. Paying me $14.70 an hour I waisted no time in leaving one of my subways. The other subway I got fired from after having bad decernment in dealing with a problem. But though God took that job away from me he still alowed me to have this new job...and has alowed me to grow and mature and feel more confident in my job.

Not only that but I have lost a lot of weight. That in itself has given me a HUGE new found sence of confidence. I feel great! My job has me working 12 hour shifts (very similar to what I did during retreats at camp) which allows me to work only 7 days in a 14 day period. I have so much time off! I have been able to meet with people, go to church, rest, do so much more then I was able to when I was working 7 days a week between my 2 subways. Ive had the confidence to really step out and make myself noticed again by reparing friendships, making new friends, and like I said getting back to a church. I am so happy!

People have warned me that this joy wont last forever, and im aware of that. But I know that I will not go back to that dark place that I was in. Though I still have depression, I am still lonely a lot of the time, and I am still growing, I refuse to let myself trail off in the same direction as I did these past few years.

Though I havent talked to a lot of you for a very long time I want to thank you all for being there for me. Especially Shanban, Daneille, and deb. I got so much encouragement from you guys, constant messages and reminders and love and I needed that more then anything. Though the hurtles are not quite finnished yet, I am on the home stretch and I am doing nothing but going forward.

Psalm 71:20Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up.
Amen!!!!!!

From your restored sister in Christ
Leila

5 comments:

lord bb said...

its good to hear you are doing well. this has brighten my day.
Sincerely
Lord bb

Shannon Grochowski said...

:D loving you from a far Leila!

Beats said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daneille Dirk said...

That brings me so much joy to hear Leila! Enjoy your happiness, enjoy your excitement, and do not let anyone take that away with worries about tomorrow. I hope you find rest in this place and that you have days where you can just soak in the joy you have been given once again. I am so excited that you have found a Bible Study group. Thank-you so much for sharing :) Love you

Leila said...

thanks you guys! Tom why did you deleat your post???