Kelowna. Land of barren desert beauty. The season of pruning
complete for the year; blossoms and buds are lending beauty on the cherry trees
and vines. Spring is here. And it is giving me hope. Since moving here
from Qwanoes, I have undergone a long Winter season of the soul - wrestling, learning to
wait, struggling to trust. Psalm 27 has been a key passage for me for the
past year and a half: Wait for the Lord, for I believe I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land
of the living. One thing I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord...
and gaze upon the beauty of the Lord...
A few months ago I read a line Justin Lenny included in an email
home from India. He said: "It just feels like we`re living in less than what`s
possible right now. So, I am pleading with you to pray that we would become so
caught up in God`s vision for this city or for a group of people in it, that we
would be invited into his purposes and into seeking his kingdom wholeheartedly
here." Oh man how that has become my prayer for this season here in
Kelowna! Would you pray for that same invitation? How I long to be caught up in His Kingdom purposes here. Longing for a
deeper experience of community here. He has provided "just enough"
which always keeps me coming back to Him (which is good), oh but how I long for
community. Missing all of you tremendously.
I will be speaking at a girl's conference this Friday and Saturday. Would LOVE
your prayers for that - oh how I long to speak the Father's words into his
precious daughters' hearts. I will be sharing Kaitlin's story (Nate's sister) – on the
anniversary of her passing from this living death to Life. The theme of our
weekend is Matthew 5:8, “Blessed are the pure in heart for they will see God.” The contents of my speaking have slowly been coming together, drawing on
lessons He’s been teaching me over this past year. What a privilege to be able
to share these deep heart lessons and Kaitlin's legacy with my younger sisters.
My family has received some difficult news in recent months. My dad has been diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma - cancer. Oh how my heart hurts to see Him walking through the valley of the shadow... I don't understand. Some days it is so hard to trust the Father with my daddy. He starts chemotherapy in a few weeks. Would you pray for him and our family? I am so thankful for the times I have had to spend with my family - Christmas in Hawaii, Easter in Manitoba, and I will be stopping home for a few days in June.
My family has received some difficult news in recent months. My dad has been diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma - cancer. Oh how my heart hurts to see Him walking through the valley of the shadow... I don't understand. Some days it is so hard to trust the Father with my daddy. He starts chemotherapy in a few weeks. Would you pray for him and our family? I am so thankful for the times I have had to spend with my family - Christmas in Hawaii, Easter in Manitoba, and I will be stopping home for a few days in June.
The joys of my spring have been: breakfast with Tyler Cassidy and the beautiful Marissa, Haley came out to Penticton to train for cycling so we got to catch up for a few days – ask her about hitchhiking… Jim and Sarah came for a short visit (always a delight to see them), and next weekend I travel down to the island for Sheri Geiger's wedding to her beloved Andrew. God continues to provide such incredible opportunities and friends at just the right time... praise Him!
Would LOVE to have you come visit. I have the best hammock with a sweet view. Just sayin'...
Beholding His goodness in the land of the
living,
Freedom
4 comments:
oh Kristie! soo glad that you gave an update. As you know I miss you terribly and how i long to be in your presence and fellowship! love and miss you and you know that i'll be praying!
So good to hear from you sister! I will pray for your pa and family.
Hopefully see you this summer!
Great to hear part of your recent journey Kristie! I will be praying for you speaking this weekend! What a cool opportunity. As well I will definitely be lifting you and your family up during this difficult time. Love you!
Love hearing from you Kristie, your view and attitude towards your life and walk are always encouraging. It is exciting that you will be able to speak into girls hearts and I do not doubt God will use you to change lives, even if it means just planting a seed.
This news about your Dad must have been troubling. Being in a place where we don't understand, where our questions are more overwhelming than the Truth we know can be beyond tough. My doubts although on different subject matter have been overwhelming. Just remember that as much and as deep as you love your Dad, God loves him more. As much as you desire health for your Dad, God loves him more than you.
In the end God loves more than we do. How much more capable is he at governing situations for good than we are. Our idea of good, and "what is best" is so ill in comparison to God's.
Love you Kristie, you and your family are in my prayers.
Post a Comment