Thursday, August 1, 2013

Life in Am

I don't want my post to stop you from reading the real good stuff down below.  Go read Malayne's post, than you can come back up, or keep going down, I guess the choice is yours essentially...

I am living life right now in Am.  For those of you who aren't musical (which isn't very many) let me explain.  Am is an interesting chord, with the power to make a good sounding chord progression great.  However Am on it's own, sounds, ...  a little off.  It's ominous, you don't know exactly what it is doing, or where it is going.  And I guess that is how I would best describe my life right now.

I am currently enjoying Am in the most beautiful chord progression ever!  Lo and behold I'm only in the intro, this song I am sure can only get better.  Alyssa and I will be celebrating our 1st anniversary in two weeks and it has been a wonderful year, full of laughter and tears, new experiences, and lots of learning, so good.  Alyssa and I always say that we don't understand how people have marriage issues because we find it so easy (ignorant maybe?).  What we find hard is the health issues that surround our marriage.  But I think God has blessed us with an understanding and powerful relationship so that we can overcome these medical mountains. 


 Alyssa and I in Duluth enjoying the sights after a day of mountain biking


Alyssa and I went to a U-pick with my mom and sister and cam home with 8 pails of fresh strawberries.  This is our "sexy" strawberry moment.

My Bietz side in South Dakota, Alyssa got to meet a whole whack of my family she had never met before (good thing she liked them, that could have been awkward.)

Another year of our lives will bring with it another chapter.  At the end of August I am heading to Calgary for brain surgery (round 2, I guess).  A little while ago I went out to Calgary for a week of testing and it seems like the big shots there believe that removing some more brain from my head could possibly stop or at least reduce the seizures that only seem to be getting worse in my life.  A "generous" resection of the right frontal lobe is what they are calling it.  Do I dare call it hope?  

Whatever mine and Alyssa's future holds, I welcome it with open arms knowing that God has a plan and it is good.  If you don't mind praying for me this fall, for recovery, for healing, for strength.  And for Alyssa as well as now most of you know what it is like to love another in a way you thought impossible.  Now imagine a scenario where your loved one comes out of surgery and they are not themselves, they aren't the person you married...  She needs your prayers big time as worry is one sorry son of a b****.

Love you all, looking forward to seeing some of you and Eric and Jesse's nuptials.

Love, Bietz

2 comments:

Deborah Fisk said...

tom you always write so well!! thanks for the update and I will for sure be praying for you during before and after surgery! keep us posted as you can (if you can) :)
love yah bro and love to Alyssa! I am so glad you guys are having such a blessed marriage! so wonderful to hear. have a great time at the wedding!
prayer and blessings bro.
Deborah

Unknown said...

My dear brother, Tom.
Firstly, it was so good to see you and Alyssa this last weekend! I'm thrilled to hear that marriage suits you both so well - what a great pair you two make.
Wow. Surgery again - I will most definitely be praying for you in these coming weeks. That the doctors would know what sulci and gyri are essential to you being you, what neurons are needed and what ones are causing these retched seizures... The Lord knows. He is in control.
Love you, friend! Perhaps Alyssa can keep us updated on your post-surgery recovery?
- Amelia