Almost five years ago we were nearing the end of a countdown to the beginning of something special. “I kept dreaming of a world I thought I’d never see.” It was about to happen, but it was so unclear what it would be.
Almost five years ago, we all began this incredible story of what Kaleo 6 would become. You could say it even began before that first day in September so long ago, through prayers, blog posts, and connections made in other ways...five years.
Five years from our first days, and still God sees fit to bring us back together. Reunited, with constant additions to this family, and still able to pick up where things left off.
The wedding of Eric and Jessie this weekend was not only magical in and of itself, but the coming together of so many of us struck something significant. During our always-too-short time together, but always so cherished, not a single one who was unable to make it was left out of our conversations and reminiscing. Yes, Kaleo 6 had its hard times. But there was something, some gift given to us that year. I am at a loss in trying to do justice to the community we became. I don’t know about all of you, but several of us agree that it is not one that has ever been duplicated. I can not express how thankful and blessed I feel to be part of it. Seeing so many, some I have not seen since our final days on the Island, and Jimbad, hearing your words through the letter Malayne read, brought back memories I forgot I even had.
In many ways, Kaleo was the beginning of a self-discovery for me, and seeing you all reminds me so much of that path. It would be enough for me to have the joy of simply sitting and soaking in the time spent with each one of you when we are together. Take it a step further to reflecting on shared experiences, sitting, laughing, playing games, sharing meals together, it all reminds me of the hopefulness that comes from being part of the Body of Christ.
It is thrilling to see where so many have gone, and I look forward to future days of reuniting with even more of you!
This is not meant to be an update post, but a reminder to all of you, as I was reminded this weekend, of the community we have with one another, under the One who managed to orchestrate our being together for 8 months, five years ago. Whether or not we all hear from everyone, a few, or only one of the others from time to time, every one of you are remembered, loved, prayed for, and treasured.
Eric and Jessie, it was an incredible celebration of the two of you, and a gift to be there for it.
Amelia and Nathan, Jon and Emma, Tom and Alyssa, Jayme and James, Malayne and Matt, Aaron and Tamara, Shannon and Jon and your beautiful family, Deborah and Stephen, Jake and Maisie, Jen and Jordan Kristy and Josh, Leila, Alivia, Kylie, Jordana, Brandon, Jeremiah, Erin, Daneille, Daniel, Josh, Ben, Ryan, Phil, Paul, Kristie, Jim and Sarah, and so many more names to come, Thank you.
Thank you for the lessons, for the strengths, for the challenges, for the areas of honest weakness opened up to allow for growth. Thank you for the ways you have allowed God to move in and through you, and for the people you have allowed Him to mold you into. I love you all so much and would be remiss if I never took the time to say it. Keep dreaming, even if its of a world, space, or time you think you will never see. Be wonder-filled. Heaven will be a truly wonder-full thing to behold if for no other reason than the company we will keep...
5 comments:
ahhhhh im so sad I missed it. major regrets that's for sure. im gonna kick myself forever for not being there but im so glad it was such an amazing time together.
Please when anyone has time to update with photos and stories...I really wanna know what you all were sentimental about, what made you guys keel over in laughter, and what made you quiet with reminisce! love you mir thanks for your reminder post!
Miranda, you could not have described more accurately and poetically how I am currently feeling... What a beautiful reminder for us!
Last year, after celebrating Tom & Alyssa's nuptials along with sharing many laughs and heart warming conversation, I came home refreshed and rejuvenated... Much like trying to explain our Kaleo year to people who were not there, I set about again trying to vocalize exactly what went on while a mishmash group of us reunited. Why whatever random experiences we had were so special. My wonderful husband sat and listened, laughed ant the right stories, and understood how affected I was from my visit, but after this past weekend - now he GETS it.
Firstly - thank you to all K6ers for accepting all of our significant others into this community... I am forever blessed to be able to share you with Nathan, and vice verse.
After we'd said our goodbyes this past Sunday, and were walking from the hotel lobby where we all exchanged hugs, I started to tear up... And the water works began. It wasn't quite as intense as graduation day, but the emotions were the same. Leaving you people is HARD!
Anyways, the point of this long winded comment was to tell you this - as we drove out of Shaunavon and towards BC, Nathan turned to me and said "I get what you were talking about last year... I don't want to leave!"
Thank you. Thank you all for loving me. For getting to know Nathan. For reminiscing over old memories and making new ones. And mostly, for allowing God to work through you to touch my heart in such a way.
I love each one of you!
P.s. "Unknown" is me, Amelia!
I wrote a comment on my phone but for some reason it never seems to post when I use my phone.
Miranda your words like always are beautiful and sink right to the heart. I was so deeply saddened to not have been there and was literally trying to figure out how I could some how get there..lol. I am so glad that those who went got to share in such an incredible day in Eric and Jesse's life and to come into fellowship once again!
I love each and everyone of you to the moon and back! Everyone gave something to that year to make it what it was and it would not have been the same if one was replaced with another.
I'm crying just writing this oh goodness! I absolutely can not wait till we are all finally reunited with Christ but until then let's fight the good fight by brothers and sisters!
MUCH MUCH love, Shannon
Post a Comment