![]() |
| E & J, N & I at a friend's wedding this year |
Man-oh-man, I miss you guys! I've had several moments over the past few weeks where I've experienced a Kaleo-flashback, and prayed for you in that moment of heart ache. The most recent of these was a week ago today, when Nathan and I made a trip up to Parksville for our three year wedding anniversary. We went to Coombs for the morning, and the whole time all I could think about was our pit-stops there during Kaleo, on our way up island, filled with those carpets we all bought (mine is still in my kitchen, I use it everyday) and hammocks and cheese bread, pepperoni and ice cream. Sigh.
I hope you're doing well, and that this summer thus far is treating you well. Can you believe it's the middle of 2014 already? Where does the time go!?
Five years ago, we were already finished Kaleo and back home to begin life outside of the bubble... And what an adventure that has been for me.
This past year particularly, has been a struggle. I was taking a year long statistics course (a requirement for my Psychology degree) that was the bain of my existence, and caused me much grief. Praise the Lord that it's over, and I passed!
Married life has been a blessing, but also a struggle, this year as well. I'm thrilled that my amazing husband works alongside me through the hard parts, but I definitely wasn't expecting it to be as hard as it is at times. I'm rejoiced to say that we're doing much better now that we were a year ago, and I don't want you guys to get the impression that things are terrible, but I also want to be honest with you and tell you that it isn't perfect. It is hard work. Society and movies and the church don't portray it honestly, but I trust that God is using it to shape us more into His likeness, and we've both been able to see some of the ways He's been doing that lately, for which I am very thankful.
![]() |
| N & I at my birthday BBQ this year |
On that note - my apologies for covering your Facebook news feed with my status updates on our fundraising efforts for my friend (T-Anna). I'm amazed to see how my high school community has come together to support her and her family, along with people that don't know her.
Other than that, life continues on as normal. Nathan is working hard as a certified carpenter, and I'm working full time at the pharmacy as a pharmacy technician over the summer, and back to UVic full time in the fall for my third year of my bachelors degree. My hope is that, directly after finishing this degree, I can go on to complete my Master of Arts Degree in Counselling Psychology. Then I'll be finished! Hurrah!
Well, thanks for listening to my heart. I miss you all.
Do y'all check the blog still? I heard of another Kaleo year starting a Facebook group to post prayer requests and updates on... What do you guys think of that?
Also, there has been talk about a Kaleo reunion in the works (Sorry guys, it's taken me awhile to get the ball rolling), so maybe if I make a Facebook group for that we could get some ideas going.... Maybe a group camping trip? Or hike up Mt. Albert Edward again? Let me know your ideas and I'll happily plan it!
All of my love,
A.


3 comments:
I sure would love a reunion! Perhaps something less intense than a 3 day hike - camping sounds pretty grand!
love you meals. -had to respond via text....and yes camping sounds great!alberta or manitoba? or western sask?
Great hiking in Alberta, I think anything would be great, meeting someplace a little more central than the island would increase I know my chances of being able to make it
something Alberta, Sask. would be optimal I think.
Post a Comment