Saturday, October 3, 2009

Give me Clean Hands

I really enjoy the song "Give us clean hands" as many of you probably do to, but this post (even though titled) is not about that song.

After seven seasons of Gilmore girls, two seasons of How I met your Mother, a season of Smallville, a season of Heroes and one of Lost,and many movies, most not worth mentioning i have come to the conclusion that sitting on a couch in your mothers basement doing nothing for two and a half months is not all I thought it was cut out to be. I need to thank God for changing my lifestyle because if i would have continued along that path I would have been in the same place 5 years from now with an extra 200 pounds and possibly a little more facial hair.

Well I was recently blessed with a job painting (the worst part is having to wash my hands at the end of each day, hence why "give me clean hands" has new meaning to me), which I have now been doing for two weeks. A former camp director of mine owns a small painting company and he hired me on. Do I enjoy painting? Not especially, but I do enjoy working with people who are fun to be around, mainly because they are solid Christians who know up from down. This job has gotten me out of the basement and back into the world and I can only give praise to one person for that (I'm sure you all know who).

Many of you can relate with me when I say that after Kaleo I felt lost not having to read a certain textbook by this date and write this paper by this deadline. So what do you do when you are lost? You get found. I decided to fill this empty feeling in me with a couple distance learning courses from Briercrest. They of course aren't anything near being in a classroom with a prof, but they keep me reading books and the bible seeking knowledge. And that is good enough for me.

Not only have I been reading and praying more often I have also been getting involved in my church, joining small groups, playing in worship teams, attending membership meetings. My church is going through a tough period right now as we have just lost our associate pastor who was with us for seven years and was involved in many aspects of the church but it seems that him leaving has brought a lot of young adults closer together as we all see areas and positions that need to be filled.

I should apologize for the pieced together feeling that this blog carries but it is late and I am sick, so I hope you can find it in your hearts to forgive me.

"God is most glorified in me when I am most satisfied in Him." -John Piper

Bietz

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No picture?

Jesse said...

Tom-tom! Your words today have encouraged my heart in more ways than one. Thanks for sharing. May He bless you in this new season.

Jesse said...

Also, which season of Lost? If it is 4, can we borrow it?

Beats said...

sorry season 5

Jeremiah said...

gah I need to see season 5!