Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thanks-Giving for the Thanks-Getting

It doesn't seem like a year ago that I was sitting down to a wonderful turkey dinner at Jeremiah's house, a turkey dinner which had been cooked over a collection of camping stoves and barbecues due to a lovely power outage that couldn't have come at a better time! I'll tell you it was so peaceful and relaxing starting that meal by candlelight, that is one memory I won't let go of willingly.

It seems that I am beginning a tradition of having interesting thanksgiving weekends because this year I was again blessed with something beautiful. This year though, my blessing did not come in darkness but in brightness...

Every year my extended family gets together for a family reunion for a weekend at a camp two hours outside of Winnipeg. Often when we meet on thanksgiving weekend we are met with colorful fall leaves, cold air, and a chilly breeze. Not this year though, this year I went to bed Friday night and Saturday I woke up in a new world. (I'll let the pictures do most of the talking)


Poor tree...


If you have good eyes you might see a person on that dock, well I decided that I wasn't going to let any amount of snow destroy my yearly swim.


After I got the feeling back in my body my cousin and I borrowed some wicked snowsuits from the Camp prop room and put good use to the snow

After last weekend I couldn't help but give thanks for the present I had been given. Man I can't wait to see what is in store for next years thanksgiving...I hope its a pony!

What is your Thanksgiving story?

11 comments:

Jeremiah said...

well once I had this crazy mennonite over...

ps I got a bodum, double walled stainless steal, sealing pump thing, extra long lasting heat.

it feels just like kaleo here again... almost.
Not enough nudity.

Beats said...

I love you buddy, mostly cause you have a better Bodum than me, just kidding, but seriously...I love you.

Deborah Fisk said...

THOMAS DID YOU REALLY SWIM???!!!! or was it a quick jump in and out??? I AM SO IMPRESSED FRIEND!!!!

Paul said...

Thanksgiving in the snow...I can't even imagine it. Miss ya, bro.

Deborah Fisk said...

btw ...if you look at the snowmans mouth..he doesnt seem to be smiling too big...im thinking he wants a hair cut!!! yup...he definitely wants a trim:P

JAKE said...

i miss the nudity...

Jeremiah said...

Kaleo was just the beginning of nudity. We have to bring it everywhere we go now.


nudity of the heart.

Beats said...

i feel like you could get arrested for following through a comment like that.

Josh W said...

Tom your crazy to go camping in that snow, and even swimming that's nuts! and Fish, haircuts over Thanksgiving are bad ideas ;)

Deborah Fisk said...

HAHAHHAHAHAHAAH josh!!! amazing!!!

Leila said...

please...no nudity! hahaha josh I agree with you hahahaha