Hello my dear Kaleos!
Man on man... I miss you guys dearly. I remember a friend of mine from Kaleo 4 saying that it was wise to plan some big things for after Kaleo so that the transition is less difficult... And I’m beginning to understand what he meant. Can you believe that this time last year we were on our S.A.L.T.S. trip? We were making up random (and side-splittingly hilarious) skits on board the Pacific Grace (that was the boat we were on, right? See! It’s been to long!) that somehow involved Winnie the Pooh and Batman. Oh boy. My heart sort of aches at the thought of those days. They were so incredible!
Sorry for that nostalgic moment. Where was I?
Oh yes. So, my summer at camp was absolutely incredible. During the summer I might not have said so, but looking back on it, it was awesome. So many fond memories and great times. The Lord did a great work in my heart over the summer too, and really prepared me to come home to Victoria.
At the moment I am living in an apartment in Victoria with a good friend of mine. It’s a gorgeous apartment, and she is tons of fun. I’m actually one of the bridesmaids in her wedding, which is going to be next summer!
God has been very faithful to me since I’ve moved back to Victoria. While the transition has been pretty hard, and seemingly harsh, he has been providing for me every step of the way. I went job hunting in my second week back from camp, and applied EVERYWHERE. I’m not kidding... At all of the employment agencies, and at about another 30 or 40 places, but nowhere called me back for an interview. All of the emails I got were to tell me that they had filled the position with someone more qualified... And I was stressing out! I had to continually surrender it to God (and I was very unwilling most of the time) but he’s been so gracious. I’m working 2 part-time jobs at the moment. I’m a part-time (probably leading to full time) cashier/sales rep at the Christian Book and Music Store, which is such a breath of fresh air. It is such a blessing to be a part of that ministry. I’m also working part-time/on call at the Greater Victoria Public Library... So, with those two put together, I think I’ll be able to make rent. I’m trying to trust that God will provide me with what I need. I’m also trying to learn how to be a wise steward of my money.
Yup... That’s where life is right now. I don’t want to bore you, so I won’t ramble on for too much more.
There are about 10-15 women that are meeting weekly to encourage each other in our relationships with Christ, and that has been so much fun to be involved in... It’s a little taste of Kaleo. I’m also one of the youth leaders at my church, and that’s been a blessing too.
I miss you so much! Know that I think of you guys daily, and pray for you often.
Hebrews 10:23 says “Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.”
He is faithful! Rejoice!
2 comments:
oh...and I was having my first ever London Fog....climbing the shrouds/out on the whiskers...waking up in the middle of the night to do watch in the rain...learning how to chart a position on a map with longitude and latitude...i do remember those days, vaguely...but the story didn't stop, it is continuing!! Oh, Lord what great things will you take us out to do next? what wonderful mystery will you make clear to us this time?!
celebrate!!
God is so good! I love it that you're finding more community after Kaleo and camp. Amelia, more than planning big things, expect them. Our Daddy knows what He's doing. Go with the flow as He leads you on in this never ending stream of adventure including calm and still waters, falls, and even rapids...hold on!
can't wait till He brings us together again.
Keerstin (K4)
Post a Comment