I thought I'd update you all on some very exciting things happening around me, plus there hasn't been a post in awhile. I'll do it point form style.
- Sarah (Jon's sister) missed the earthquake and tsunami by 3 hours! PRAISE JESUS
-Sarah found Bindia! The little beautiful girl I met in India 2 years ago! For the full story check out my blog http://www.thevoicehegaveme.blogspot.com/
-Jon's family was nominated to receive a $100,000 home reno. After weeks and weeks of prayer for this to happen we found out 2 weeks ago that they were picked! This is going to be HUGE for this family. Walls have already begun to break down.
-After praying for a larger vehicle to take more people to church with us God opened a door for this to happen. Jon was in a head on collision and my car was a write off. We receive double what we thought we were going to get for my car and just this Saturday we bought a van! Yes we are now amongst the elite people with a minivan! bahaha (Jon is ok and well!)
-Jon bought his two brothers, Ben and Sam, a bible. Ben received it well, Sam did not, prayer for Samuel would be awesome! Ben has started in the book of John and really likes it, he has also been attending church with us and has been in contact with the youth pastor to get involved!!
That's about it! God has been amazing and faithful and beyond my comprehension! Almost makes me afraid of what is in store as far as trails come. BUT I know that we can make it through when they do arrive.
I miss you all so much! Let's hear what is going on in your life, good or bad. Wags, haven't heard from you in ages, Ry guy??! Aaron?!?!! I could make a huge list of you all. We love you, we miss you and even though we aren't all in the same place anymore doesn't mean I (we) care for you any less!
Much love,
Shannon :)


5 comments:
love it shannon!
thanks for the update!
girl what do you mean jon was in a head on collision?!?! was it super serious? oh man i can only imagine the stress.
so glad God had his hand on the situation for all three of you!
much love!
Shannon, its so encouraging to hear that your sister-in-law saw Bindia....that blows me away. Can't help but want to go there and see her again myself. Anyways, thanks for the update and the encouragement it is to see you and Jon living with such passion for your families and for the lost around you. thats cool.
really sweet pics at the bottom
@ Deb- jon was driving to work in the morning and someone fell asleep at the wheel and the two cars in front of jon swerved to either side of the road and before Jon could react he got hit head on. He was fine other than a bump on his head and a sore knee. He's still pretty sore but healing with God's provision.
@Dan- Jim said that N. still wants to do an Alumni trip. Providing everything comes together I think I'll be going! I just need to hug her myself! haha Seeing all the picutes of all the people we met just makes me long to be there again! Like crazy longing! Maybe we'll be hiking those mountains again together sooner rather than later?!!
when is this potential alumni trip?????
next may. :)
Post a Comment