Tuesday, March 15, 2011

whatsssup B-Crest?

YO Family!

I was supposed to do this a couple weeks ago, butttt anyways. Here is a bit of an update from the trip some of us made out to Briercrest during our reading breaks. So 5 of us from Ontario (Kylie, Alivia, Nicole Venton(K7), Erin, and myself) flew out to Saskatchewan the Friday of Youth Quake (all the while, hoping to surprise all the K6'ers at Briercrest). However on the way from the airport we were notified that everyone but Jake knew about us coming...I guess it was worth a try. We all ran into Jake as soon as we got there and the surprise was a success...he had no idea. So like the softy Jake is;) he shed a couple tears, making it even more special, it was sweet (jokes bro).

It was a sweet start to the five days that we were there. I stayed at my brother's and Eric's house and the girls all stayed with Jaymers and Jordana. I can't say how sweet it was to be amongst some of this family again. Some of the people I hadn't seen since grad and I can tell you it was actually really strange seeing them because I honestly felt like it had only been 1 or maybe 2 weeks since graduation. That was cool.

During the week we just hung out, made meals, played some monopoly, rode around in good ol' Judy, and just enjoyed sweet community. On the Sunday night, we heard a knock at the door and sure enough it was Daneille! Another sweet surprise that not everybody knew about. So now there was a total of 11 K6'ers (Eric, Jayme, Jordana, Jake, Josh, Ben, Erin, Alivia, Kylie, Daneille, and myself) so we all thought it would be sweet to get all the K6'ers together to hang out. So on the Tuesday we all met in the basement of Eric's house. We had 11 K6 people there, Kylie had brought her violin and Eric had his guitar so just like the good ol' times...we worshiped our Father. Here by the water, Give us Clean Hands.. Again, I wish I could describe that time in words but I don't think I can, but I will just say that it really was a blessing. Seeing all those people 2 years later and seeing how faithful the Lord has been us was something I was reminded about. Then we just shared things that were on our hearts, things that we have been challenged and encouraged by and then we had some time to pray and encourage each other. It was a good night.

I came away from that trip feeling refreshed and somewhat renewed after spending time with this community again. I also just want to encourage you guys and say that the Lord is still doing some sweet things within this family. I also think that we are all still very interested in what the Lord is doing within this group, whether it sucks or whether it is something to praise Him about, I know and have seen that this group will still be praying and wanting to know about it.

Here are some pics from the trip....






the above photo is the reaction to...."AMELIA's Engaged!!"



Kevin McAlary said phrases that we had to react to in the next following photos, but I can't really remember the phrases....so here are some randoms that you can make up the reaction to.

















Well, we definitly wish everyone could have been there...
Love and miss you guys more than I can say.

Daniel

6 comments:

Paul said...

ahh. more than slightly jealous of you guys. Sounds like a amazing time. Dan, you're face in the third photo is priceless.

Beats said...

Dang I feel like I missed out on the trip of the decade!

Shannon Grochowski said...

i third what the first two said. Man, pretty darn jealous and sad that I missed it :'( and like the softy that I am, yes I have tears in my eyes. Oh to be together again worshipping and loving and hurting together.

Much love,
Shannon

Leila said...

Hey thats like the biggest k6 reunion yet besides shanbans wedding. And ya im pretty jealous

Deborah Fisk said...

great to hear from you dan!
way to make us all mad jealous:P
non-the less i am super glad it was an amazing moment for all of you.
man this just makes me miss EVERYONE so much!
p.s. yeah we all know jakers cried;)

Brandon R said...

I really want to have a big reunion like that again! Looks like a lot of fun!