Thursday, October 6, 2011

Up to my ears in textbooks...

My beloved brothers and sisters,

How I miss each one of you! It still hits me every day, and I trust that our Lord and Saviour is keeping you well.

I’m a married woman now! Nathan and I were wed in July, and the day was a close to perfect as could be. We went to Saltspring for a “honeymoon”, and then both jumped back into working full time upon our arrival home. Married life is lovely! I feel privileged to be married to my best friend, and he most definitely looks after me well! The past couple months haven’t been stress/struggle free though, I must admit. A lot of adjustments to living together (especially when you like things as clean as I do… Liv & Erin can attest to that!), but we’re doing very well.

Since the wedding, I’ve started school! I am attending Camosun College, and have just begun the first of four years. The plan is to get my Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, and possibly continue on to a Masters in Counselling… But I am trying to take it one day at a time. It feels wonderful to be back in a learning environment, and pouring all of my energy into retaining all of this new information! Haha. It’s very refreshing to be working towards a goal again.

Other than that… Life keeps rushing by. I’m taking an art class, and am in a choir… Nathan’s finishing up the fourth year as a carpenter’s apprentice, and he’s thinking about going back to school for Engineering. Yeah. That’s about it!

Here are some pictures from the wedding :)

During the reception.

Married!

A little break between ceremony and reception.

Limo golf cart!

Pictures before the ceremony.

"First Look"... or one of them.

Jono – CONGRATS, MY FRIEND! I remember you mentioning Emma to me back in Kaleo, so stoked to see what the Lord has done in your lives. She’s a BABE! I’ll be praying for the best for you both.

Please blog, friends! I miss each of you so much! I’m tempted to write out all of your names… But I won’t.

Much love!

A.

P.s. We have a comfy futon, if anyone wants to come to BC… You’re welcome to stay with us! Just give me some notice :)

4 comments:

Leila said...

eeewwww!!!!! my leg looks so huge in the pict of you and nathan walking up the isle yuck! anyways.....is there a place I can view all your wedding photos yet?

Shannon Grochowski said...

thanks for the update ameals! love and miss ya!!

Jono said...

Congratulations! I'm so stoked things are going well for you! Who'd'a thunk it!? Who are we kidding. You've been waiting for this since we met!

Anonymous said...

Thanks guys :)
I miss you all!
Jon - haha. isn't that the truth!