Brothers and sisters,
Man. I miss you guys a heck of a lot these days. I've been finding that my days at camp are frequently plagued with loneliness, which definitely hasn’t been the most enjoyable. One of the Advance Crew staff members and I had a long, fantastic conversation two nights ago (she’s from Ireland, and super awesome). Through that conversation God really showed me just how selfish that mentality was, and how “me-focussed” I had been... A hard thing to realize, but much needed none the less.
So now, I find myself with a lot better of an attitude, and a constant need to turn my eyes to Christ instead of having them on myself. Praise the Lord for his conviction, that’s for sure!
Yesterday I was in Victoria with Nathan (we were celebrating our one year) and we spent a lot of our time together talking about the future... I must admit, this got me pretty nervous/anxious. I can tell that God wants to really shake things up with my friend group at home, and I’m more than thrilled to be a part of it, but at the same time, the change freaks me out. I’m worried of my friends just thinking of me as the bible-college chick who is “holier-than-thou” because I don’t watch the movies they watch, or because I choose not to do things that they want to do because I don’t think they are appropriate. I’m worried about putting Nathan in the middle of all of that, or of him having to choose sides.
Through all of these feelings (most of which I’m having a really hard time conveying with words) I have this overwhelming peace that God is enough. No matter what, He will be enough. And that he has something phenomenal planned.
All that said and done, and I can’t wait to see some of you at the wedding!
Oh, AND, I got a new cell phone (same number as on the address sheet) with a snazzy long distance plan, so feel free to call me any time after 7pm (Evenings + Weekends). I MISS YOU ALL!
Love, Amelia.
2 comments:
Your posts are so encouraging.
Thanks Milly!
This is a late reply but thanks for sharing your heart Amelia. I know your man just made his way up to Qwanoes so you should be less lonely now!
Post a Comment