Saturday, June 20, 2009

If it is too good to be true-it usually is.

I am stuck indoors this weekend doing a first aid course, so if I can't be out in the sun climbing, I am going to blog about climbing, and other things of course.

First off it is time to praise God (like there is every a time we shouldn't be doing that). I have recently been struggling a lot, with spending time in the word and devoting to solely to prayer. But I seem to have found accountability that I thought only existed in Kaleo. The guys here have all decided to make commitment to each other and God to keep each other accountable on spending time in the word. Every day for the past week we have been getting up at 6 sometimes 5:30 to "meet" with God. Although i previously thought I needed this time for sleep, God seems to be giving me a strength and energy that no sleep could ever give me.

Also thank you God for mountains!





I wish I could take credit for this climb, but that is really my brother.

3 comments:

Daneille Dirk said...

Wow, that is awesome Tom! Thank-you so much for keeping us updated it is so refreshing to hear how you have been doing in your "struggle"

Anonymous said...

Tom man, that is epic! It's great to see that you're in my old stomping grounds. My Dad and I used to go camping at Fish Lake all the time. I even went to a Mt. Biking camp when I was 13 there.

Anonymous said...

Tom, I'm stoked to hear that Jesus has been providing you with the strength you need and more, and rewarding you for getting up extra early to spend time with him. It encourages me to try that more often :P
Blessings!