It’s weird to have an actual moment of rest with which I can sit down and blog. Life at camp is chaotic and full of things to do. Today is our day between camps, Juniors Camp #1 ended today, and Juniors #2 starts tomorrow. So far, for the summer, we’ve had a week of Staff Training and Junior High #1, and now Juniors #1. The past three weeks have been a time of settling in to our routines, and testing the waters that will make up the rest of my summer here at camp.
I’m living in a room with 4 other girls, and it is absolutely awesome. Besides Kaleo (of course) this is my next favourite room. We get along greatly, and are all relatively tidy. I couldn’t have asked for anything better!
As far as the Challenge Course is going, things are great. Definitely different than I expected, but I don’t think it ever is what you expect it to be. I get to spend all of my days chilling in the shade, while the counsellors and other staff members work directly with kids putting them on all of the different elements we have here. I’ll try and get some pictures taken next week so I can show you faithful followers all of the fun things that I keep on talking about.
For those of you that don’t know, after the divine workings of Jesus, Nathan is now working up at camp with me for the summer! He was hired on staff as one of the Assistant Maintenance Crew Chiefs, and works alongside my roommate to maintain the upkeep of camp. Though this is a whole other subject (and a whole other blog worth of thoughts) it’s been awesome having him up here.
I’ve been noticing a lot more emptiness in my life because of my lack of time spent with Christ... Does that make any sense? Jesus has recently been opening my eyes to where I seek my affirmation (from the people around me) and how empty and unfulfilling that is. While I’m very thankful for the lesson, it isn’t the most comfortable thing to learn.
I don’t want to ramble on too long though, because it’s beautifully sunny outside, and because I don’t really know what else to say... But I would like to apologize for my crappy job of keeping in contact with each one of you individually. It seems like I rarely have time off, and if I do, it’s never a convenient time for phone calls... Yeah. I’m trying to work on it!
I miss you! Praise be to God that he’s chosen each one of us to be sent out into the world to do his works. May he bless you as you strive to follow him where he has called you.
“For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will.” (Ephesians 1:4-5)
No comments:
Post a Comment