Hey family!!
How is everyone doing? I've heard little things here and there from a few of you and it's been awesome checking the blog and seeing news posts come up.
Jon and I are doing great. It can be a little bit challenging at times here at camp because some weeks we don't get to see a lot of each other, but the Lord has been gracious to us in finding a little time here and there to spend with each other.
As for myself, I feel like I am not challenging myself like I used to. Yes I am reading my bible almost every night, just finished Acts and it was awesome to read all about Paul and what he did. But I am not sure how I am going to challenge myself this summer in my faith. I don't want this summer to go by and not be challenged by what is going on around me and how I can use this place to challenge me.
Can any one suggest a book that might challenge me at all? If you have any ideas please let me know. I have been aching to read a really good book lately on my down time but do not have any to read. As I go into town often as the Staff Concierge I could pick up a book any one suggests.
Oh and some praise news!!! Sarah (Jon's youngest sister) has been accepted into the CIT #2 program this summer. She will arrive here in Aug and finish the same time that Jon and I finish our service here at camp so we can all go home together which worked out really well. If you could all be in prayer for her that would be amazing and much appreciated. Also be in prayer for Ben and Sam (the twin terrors..lol) JH#3 is coming up fast and in the next week or so we will most likely find out if they will be able to attend JH#3. We are praying that they will be able to come and experience learning about God from other people rather than Jon and I, as sometimes for siblings it is hard to listen to when it is coming from family. Also that if they do get accepted just prayer that they will be well behaved as they do have attitude issues at times. Pray that they will have a blast and not get home sick seeing how Jon and myself will be here at camp. And last but not least, Jon's oldest sister is also on a waiting list for Youth Camp. In talking with Sarah I have found out that Alicine is getting worse in depression and wants to commit to Jesus but there is just this one thing that is holding her back and it is a straight lie from the enemy. Please be in earnest prayer for that lie to be broken down and for the truth to be revealed to her.
Alright thank you to you all that when we write prayer requests down that I know people will be praying for all of these requests. I love you all so very much and miss every single one of you!!!
I have recently got my link to our wedding photos from the amazing photographer John-Mark. Here is the link so that you can all view them and maybe even order some if you like. There is a pretty sweet one of all of the Kaleo's that were able to make it out. And a pretty awesome one of Jim Bad!!
http://jonmark.smugmug.com/gallery/8659236_tJegk/1/571679766_AeG6z
password is "transferbeach"
Alright family take care and much love
Momma Shan
1 comment:
The Shack is pretty good. Pilgrims Progress is also very good.
hope you enjoy whatever you get. loved the pics by the way!
Post a Comment