Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Update Time

Friends,

So in my last post on here I was talking about my plans for travel to New Zealand and beyond. Well those plans are about to become reality. I fly out of Vancouver for New Zealand on Monday and I really don't know what to expect or when I will return. The only details I know right now is that I will be working at a camp for one week in January, doing some traveling/backpacking around NZ right after that and then living with my buddy Phil and hopefully finding a job in the Canterbury area. After that I'm not sure where I'll be going but I don't expect to return to Canada that soon.

This is something that I have been waiting for and dreaming about for so long and there was a time when I thought that it wasn't the right thing to do. I thought I would be wasting precious time when I could be learning or serving the Lord in a more focused way. After a lot of thought and prayer and chats I've realized that I have to go. This desire that I have for newness, for movement, for adventure is not something I can shut up or something that I should run from. It is who I am. So I am embracing it with immense joy and peace, knowing that it is good and that HE is good.

Please pray that I would take this opportunity that the Lord has given me to seek and serve Him in ways that have not been possible while living at home. Pray that I will not simply continue to talk about sacrificing things and myself for the Kingdom but that I would surrender everything daily and that this journey would be a catalyst for that.

I love you all and often long to be together with you all again but I know that we are each called to serve the Lord differently and in different places. That being said, if any of you are thinking of traveling(particularly to the south pacific area or asia) let me know and maybe we can meet up.

"Glory to God in the highest!"


ps. I now try and blog over here: http://inviewofhismercy.tumblr.com
There are at least a couple posts on there about my travels coming up and the blog in general may shed more light on what is going on in my life. That blog (and facebook, I guess) will be where I will attempt to keep people informed on what I am doing with stories, thoughts, prayer requests, photos, etc.

5 comments:

Daneille Dirk said...

Paul, this gives me great joy! I am so excited for you as you embark on this new journey. I'll definitely be keeping up on your blog! Have fun brother, may the Lord bless you and may you bless those who you meet!
(I was watching International House Hunters yesterday on HGTV and the people were moving to NZ and I thought, man would that ever be a sweet place to live, glad you're able to do test it out for me :))

FHILFHIL said...

So stoked for you my friend!

Shannon Grochowski said...

Sweet Paul! Merry travels my brother! Praying for your safety and that God may challenge you and stretch you beyond your wildest dreams!
The Grochowski's

Beats said...

Dude if you find a Kiwi chick whose name is Emily and loves the outdoors I am going to be so jealous.

Hopefully you'll get to save a Penguin while your there as well.

Paul said...

Tom, If I meet a kiwi chick named emily who loves the outdoors (and Jesus) I'll do my best to put in a good word for you. I'm sure she won't be able to resist a Canadian dude named Tom who loves the outdoors.