Friday, January 28, 2011

Anothor saved!

Hey fam!

I just wanted to let you in on some amazing and glorious news! Another one of my friends has been SAVED!!! She has entered into the kingdom. She is and always will be a child of the Most High!

A few months ago Jon and I came to the realization that we have all of these non believers interested and seeking and some new to the faith. Seeing how Jon and I are fairly new as well we came to our church and asked if they would run a alpha course with us for our family and friends. I didn't know if this friend would want to come but I knew from previous conversations that she did have some kind of faith so I just put it out there and invited her to come along and she accepted!

Alpha kicked off in November. Since then we have been meeting once a week to explore Christianity. We made it our own as it's not a typical Alpha outline and it's been something we all look forward to each week.

I meet with my friend for coffee whenever I can and ask her about how she is liking Alpha and she really enjoys it and doesn't understand some things where I can put some input. Then we had a sermon on hell and she attended. That was last week. I hadn't had a chance to ask her where is stands after and I've been unsure if she had accepted Jesus, until last night!

Last night at Alpha we were all asked individually if, "you died tonight, would you go to heaven?" And she answered YES!! She knows for 100% what she needs to get there, no doubt in my mind about that! And she said YES!!!

PRAISE JESUS FAMILY!! Our God is amazing! I can not even fathom right now.

Keep faith my friends if you have unsaved loved ones close to you! Do not give up living out your faith, sharing your faith and most of all PRAYING! God has a plan for each and everyone of us! And He loves them more than we can ever imagine!

Love and miss you all,
Shannon

7 comments:

kylie.a said...

Wow, this is incredible Shan! Praise be to our amazing God!
Thanks for sharing. You and Jon are really stepping out in faith, you are a continual inspiration for me! love you!

Jordana said...

Shan this is so encouraging to hear! It is so clear that have been acting in obedience to God in the places where he has you RIGHT now. Please don't stop sharing these updates of how He is continuing to work through you and Jon. We need to hear them!
Love you. JD.

FHILFHIL said...

God is good! Thanks for the encouragement Shannon!

Shannon Grochowski said...

Thanks Fam!
if I could ask a prayer request for some of my other friends,
Angela and Melissa.

They both look at Christians and "religon" and are disgusted and if they could only look to our Saviour instead. May their hearts and eyes be on Him instead of the imperfect humans we are.

Blessings!

Miranda said...

The way that you have allowed God to work in and through the both of you is truly inspiring Shannon. Thank you for letting us know what has been happening in the extended family of Christ. Keep it up, you and your efforts are in my prayers!

Miranda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alivia :) said...

woo hoo!
so great to hear shan ban!
:) :)!