Saturday, January 8, 2011

God’s Grace

Hey guys I figured that it was about time I post because of what the lord has taught me this Christmas. I have been reminded of many things this Christmas brake but most of all I have been reminded of God’s grace. As I was driving back to school after the brake it was very late and very icy. I in a moment of stupidity decided to pass a 30 wheeler tanker truck. I lost control of my car and spun into the side of the tanker. I hit the tanker in one of its many tires which destroyed the back of my car. I then spun across the highway and came to a stop in the center median. I was fine but my car’s rear passenger side was badly damaged all because of my stupidity. After the accident I spent the rest of the night sleeping in my car at a nearby town berating myself for my stupidity and incompetence which lead to me damaging car. I berated myself for my actions, my conduct during the accident and my over all since of worthlessness. Since the accident I have come to the conclusion it was only by Gods grace that I survived. It is a fact that not many people that get in accidents with 30 wheeler tanker trucks that are full to the brim the gas and survive. I praise God for his provision but I am very disappointed in myself and am now in a very tuff position. I have a damaged car that I cannot afford to fix it, a disappointed family and on top of it all many other bills. But I must say a damage car a disappointed family and many other bills are better than being dead in a ditch. Now for the rest of what I remembered this Christmas. So just before my accident I was listening to a old but very insightful book that everyone should remember. I was listening to the life you’ve always wanted, which I believe is probably the most significant book we read during Kaleo. I found it very applicable to my life I especially found the parts on prayer and spiritual disciplines very applicable to my life but then two hours later I hit a Simi truck and forgot about most of it so I like will and should most likely reread the book. Although one thing I did retain from the book was a feeling of conviction. So I must confess, I am sorry I have failed you my Kaleo family and myself. I must confess I simply don’t read anybodies post and neither do I comment on anybody’s post. so I want be surprised if this post is over looked by many of you. I guess turnabout is fair play. I must confess I skipped some post because of who wrote them some because they were incredibly long and others because I didn’t care about what was being said. So I am sorry and I ask that in time you all will forgive me.
Sincerely
Lord bb
Benjamin A Brainard

5 comments:

Daneille Dirk said...

Ben, I am so glad you are safe and sound and I am so glad you posted, I miss you! Praise God that you are alive and not seriously hurt. I hope you know that you have not failed me at all. You have talked to me the most out of all K6ers and that's not a bash on the others moreso myself, but that's a "thank-you Ben for your persistence in wanting to keep in touch". All those messages you left on my machine have been encouraging and I wish I could learn from you and initiate more conversations. With that said, I see that you have been convicted of not caring for some posts or people and of course I do forgive you if I am one of the people you have ignored or not cared about. You mean a tremendous amount to me and I thank God that you are continually growing in your faith and I pray that you would continue to read those old Kaleo books and relearn many lessons!

Deborah Fisk said...

Dearest Ben.
pretty much daneille covered it for me ... I AM SO PRAISING GOD you are not hurt. you have no idea how thankful i am that you are alive and have been apart of my life!
thanks so much for the update and for being so real and upfront with us. i truly appreciate your honesty and courage. I LOVE YOU BROTHER! nothing has changed at all.
though i would like to keep in better touch with you..and i am pretty sure i am slacking on my part!
could we become pen pals again?
tell me what you think and your school address!
missing you tons ben
SO THANKFUL YOU ARE ALIVE!!!
love you
deborah

Jim Badke said...

Ben, I am so grateful you are still with us, and hope you will soon move beyond these regrets to seize the life God has extended you and live it for his kingdom! You are his masterpiece, created in Christ Jesus to do good things, which he has prepared in advance for you to do! Thank you for your honesty, thank God for his forgiveness and grace, and offer grace to everyone he places in your path, because our time on earth is our only opportunity to love those who don't deserve it!

Shannon Grochowski said...

Ben,
I am sooo grateful that you are alive!!!! PRAISE JESUS!

So great to hear from you!

Alivia :) said...

benjamin!
I am so thankful you are safe!!
you are a sweet friend i wish we lived close together because you are such an incredible encourager to so many people!
i always remember back to india and how we were hiking and reciting bible verses over and over and you were such an encouragement through that hike!
you helped me so much to trust in God and push forward!
I am thankful for you ben!
you rock!!