Sunday, January 30, 2011

On the Eve of Destruction

How I long right now for a Kaleo worship night. To hear the chords of Eric's guitar and the strings of Kylie's violin. The pound of Dan's hands on the cajon and the melodies and harmonies coming from Jesse and Amelia's vocals. To hear the words of Give us clean hands and to sing "Holy, Holy is He" in the Revelation song. To raise hands and kneel face down. To praise God for Jordana and her father. To praise God for Shannon s friend. To listen to someones heart opening as they cry through their testimony. To feel our hands on this person as we pray and promise that we're going to struggle with them. I close my eyes and we're all together, sharing in fellowship and worship. It seems that even water, mountains, and prairies can not separate our bond through Christ.

I now will speak up and tell you guys that I have a prayer request. This Wednesday I am heading in for surgery. I do not fear for God is my refuge and my strength, my comfort and shelter. The prayer I ask is for my heart, that it is delighting in God, that it desires his will. For if my heart is in that place I have nothing to worry about. For if we delight in the Lord he will give us the desires of our heart. But if my heart is polluted with pride and selfishness than my world is about to get rocked. And it will only be through God that I will have the strength to survive.

I head in for surgery on Feb. 2. They will be opening up my head and planting electrodes on my brain. They will then close my head back up and admit me into the hospital. They will wait for me to have a seizure, and then look to see exactly where in the brain my seizures are coming from. From here they will either say a resective surgery is not an option or that it is. If it is the latter than I will be taken to the O.R. where they will go back in and cut out a piece of my brain (resection) to hopefully rid me of my seizures.

I won't have access to the internet throughout my stay in the hospital which could be a week or more. So I have arranged that Eric will receive updates from my family and that he will post them on the blog. So you guys can be aware if I die or become a vegetable or something like that.

Love you all,

Bietz

8 comments:

lord bb said...

dear tom
know that we are with you in this as you struggle we struggle your pain is our pain. i pray as we all pray that the lord will be with you througth this proccess and that his healing hand will be on you. we pray that he will guide the doctors hands. we pray that he will strengthen you comfort you and guide. we pray that God will give you peace. we pray that the lord will be with your family to comfort them and guide them. we pray that these seizures will be rectified and cured so that you can use this experiance to serve the lord. we praise God for you tom may he bless you in the days weeks and years to come. aman.

Shannon Grochowski said...

Amen Ben!
Tom you have painted me a beautiful picture and hope for the eternity to come to us.

Your words are beautiful to my ears and I'll be praying for you brother. I'll be struggling and carrying your burden as you enter the surgery room.

I commit to pray for you wholeheartly while you conquer this mountain in life. As Jesus has conqued death so you too shall conquer this mountain of struggle!

Love you beats!
Shannon

Shannon Grochowski said...

Amen Ben!
Tom you have painted me a beautiful picture and hope for the eternity to come to us.

Your words are beautiful to my ears and I'll be praying for you brother. I'll be struggling and carrying your burden as you enter the surgery room.

I commit to pray for you wholeheartly while you conquer this mountain in life. As Jesus has conqued death so you too shall conquer this mountain of struggle!

Love you beats!
Shannon

Anonymous said...

Tom,
I miss you! Thank you for your post, it rang very true to my heart.
February 2nd... I'm writing that in my day timer so I can remember to pray for you especially on that day.
Love you bro, so excited to see what God is going to continue to do in and through.
Blessings!

Kristie said...

Thomas,

It is always so good to hear from you! I love how the Lord is continuing to shape and form you into His image.

I am praying for you and will continue in prayer as the Lord brings you to mind... as I trust that He will.

This last week I've been thinking on Colossians 1:17. It says: "[The Son] is before all things, and in Him all things hold together."

The Lord has gone before you into this surgery and He holds it in His hands. Asking that you would trust His supremacy in each moment.

SO MUCH LOVE coming from your Manitoba sister!

Paul said...

Tom. Know that the Lord is in control and that he is so good. I have been praying and will be praying even more as you head into surgery this week.

"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose."

-Romans 8:28

All things, brother, all things.

miss you loads.

Miranda said...

Tom Bietz,

I have no doubt that we will climb mountains together again one day. You are one of the strongest people I know, and to know that strength comes from the Lord is so encouraging.

Know that you are so loved and that you are/have been/will be prayed for during this chapter in your life.

I second what Kristie mentioned, as well as what was brought up in our prayer room two years ago, that no matter where we go, God has been there first and will come through again with you.

love, thoughts, and prayers
Miranda

Deborah Fisk said...

i dont know what to say.
its not my gift to put words together.
know that ill be praying for you.
im not going to lie...this is going to be hard for me not to worry. i know i have to trust Gods got everything planned out. but its hard sometimes. we love you bro!!! you better be biking in two weeks or three...YOU BETTER, or else im flying out there and giving you a classic deborah punch in the arm:P

OF COURSE joking...but tom be safe!
loads of prayers!