Life has been.....crazy to say the least. Mostly because of my sister's wedding and being the maid of honor. I'm telling ya if i'm ever asked again to be a maid of honor i'm going to have to decline...lol. For those who don't know my sister, she was married on September 9th and it was a beautiful day and she was a beautiful bride. The groom however got extremely sick the morning of and was throwing up and all sorts of goodness..lol At first I thought he was going to stand my sister up but then we got word that not only him but 4 more members of his side of the family were unable to come to the wedding because they were so sick as well, one a groomsman! But Matthew (new brother in law) reasurred me that he'd be there sick or not and he came sick...lol. I thought he was going to pass out during the vows but he made it through, what a trooper!
I am now 6 months pregnant and HUGE! My stomach at least. I am carring much, much bigger this pregnancy and hating it..lol. Every day almost I look at my belly and think, "I've still got 4 more months to go!!! Lord help me..lol" I am due on December 25th, 2011. A Christmas baby!! Which has it down falls, mostly for the kid...lol. I've been hearing a lot about half birthday's when they are younger so we might go that route. We are keeping it a surprise this time around as to the gender but have two solid names picked out which is also a surprise to everyone else. It's hard not knowning when all I want to do, same with Jon, is go and buy either pink blankets or blue little outfits. I think it'll be so specail though when we find out after they are born.
I am thinking about having my baby at home rather than in the hospital. Home births are becoming more common in BC these days and I have a friend who just had her 2nd child in her home last week. Most people think of danger when they think about home births because you aren't near doctors and drugs etc. But in reality home births are very safe. When there is an emergency at the hospital during delivery it takes about 30 mins just to prep surgery any way and since there isn't someone always there after the birth situations aren't caught as early and become life and death where as a midwife stays with you for the first few hours and monitors that everything is going ok and is able to pick up something faster and earlier than at the hospital. Here is a link if you are more interested in finding out about home births. http://www.cmaj.ca/content
Anyways....the family is doing great, Abigail and Jon and myself. The only thing that I could use prayer for is that I am terrifed for this birth for some reason. With Abigail I wasn't at all but this time I am. I am not sure why. I'm scared what it's going to be like during and after and wondering how in the world do I love another child as much as I love Abigail. I never went through post partum depression with Abigail but I am a little worried that I might this time around. Prayer would be fantastic for all of this! Just knowing that you guys will be praying for me will ease my worries a lot!
I love and miss you all and can not wait to post pictures of our new addition when they arrive!
Much love,
Shannon
2 comments:
I could have swore you told us the sex of your baby the last post, or was that a falsified hint??? Ooh now I'm filled with curiosity. I am so excited for you Shannon. When I get back to Canada I am going to BC to see my grandparents so I am definitely going to stop in and finally see your beautiful family whether you like it or not! I will definitely be thinking and praying for you as your baby continues to grow. I will be praying for peace as I can only imagine the thoughts that would go through a mother's head. Love you lots!
thanks Daneille!!
Post a Comment