Monday, September 5, 2011

Collect No Dust

I want to sleep because 8am is only approaching faster and faster by every passing minute, but a much needed nap this afternoon and a very enjoyable cup of coffee this evening seem to have awakened, if not my body at least my soul.

This last week has been an interesting one, and I am not sure I have fully processed it yet, I'm not sure I want to either either. I sort of like this whole take everything one day at a time idea, I think Jesus was onto something with that.

My plans for this year are continually changing and will probably change again long. I think we make plans just to give God something to change, at least it seems to be that way with me. Truth be told, I am A-OK with that as long as I know that it is God who is driving the wheel. He can change lanes as many times as he likes, I don't really care because the direction that he is going is Good and Holy and Righteous.

So here is a little re-cap/summary if you don't remember, I was originally going to be spending this year working in Winnipeg at MEC, that plan changed to going to school at CBC in Abbotsford which than changed to going to school at CMU to stay in Winnipeg due to seizures that I was having. Now I am no longer going to CMU as at the end of October I will be heading to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota for a month long neurological evaluation (hopefully to find some answers and maybe some solutions to my seizures which I seem to not be finding here in Winnipeg).

I really am getting a little sick of always updating you guys with the same old story, and the same old struggle. I kind of feel like a broken record. If your bored of hearing it, don't feel bad (I really don't blame you). I truly dream and hope of a day that I write a post that will be my last post speaking about seizures and neurologists, and epilepsy and surgeries. That will be a good day and God will be very glorified on that day.

I recently preached at my church on Jonah and it went quite well. I of course always feel that I learn more than anyone else. But one huge thing that we learn from Jonah is that God answers his Children when they cry to him in distress.

I feel I have cried many times to God in distress, I am in distress, these seizures that I am dealing with right now have rendered me in a place of distress and I am crying to God for salvation. I don't need that salvation to come in one fell swoop, it can come in stages like it did for Jonah. I would be more than happy for just an inkling of hope right now, just a small promise of dry land. I would welcome the belly of a fish right now as a rescue from drowning and a promise of deliverance.

Now the the tough question, do I believe what I preach?

Your brother in Christ,

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Brother! never stop updating us man. I am encouraged by your perspective and your attitude every time you post. Also stoked to hear you are doing some teaching at your church....very cool. I feel as though this perspective of receiving 'an inklings of hope' and being content to trust in his promise and plan is so hard but so true and it is a good reminder for sure. Anyways, thanks again for the update, thinking and praying for you bro