So guys I'm living on a pretty awesome high right now being able to just have sometime to sit down and pray to God for answers to the ton of questions that I have had and also for peace and rest in the craziness of camp. First things first, I have been really sick for the last couple of days and I had to go and see a doctor for the first time in about 4 years because of it. Turns out I have a really bad throat and may have to get some work done on it. After praying that my throat would heal and getting my friends at home to pray for me about it I have started coughing which the doctor said was the first step to my throat getting better so I may not have to get any work done on it. So praise Jesus for healing!
Some other sweet stuff that's been happening is that after spending a lot of time talking with people about school for next year and getting information about everything that I could do, or as Jim would say "doing my homework," I have made a decision about what I am going to be doing in the fall. I have decided to stay here at Qwanoes and do the Intern program here. If your wondering what the Intern program is if you guys can remember what Phil Stibbs did, that's what I'll be doing this year. So with this choice I will be staying at camp for another year and making money to pay for Briercrest next year. I will be doing some correspondence courses through Briercrest here at camp rather then repeating a Kaleo course. The hardest thing that I had to do for making this choice was telling my parents that I wasn't going to be going to school this year. They weren't too pleased but after I explained that I will still be "doing" school they were fine with it.
Although I will not be going to Briercrest I will be making a trip out there come the week of January 10th, 2010. If you guys have checked on my facebook you would have already heard the news but I'll post the whole story on here. As some of you might remember in late March I applied with Coca-Cola to become an Olympic Torchbearer. After making it through the first round I asked Jim to proof read my story that I had to send to the red ribbon team. Well a few days ago I got an email telling me that I will be a torchbearer for the 2010 Olympics and that I will be running the torch outside of Caronport. So in January I will be road-tripping it out to Briercrest for this once in a life time experience. If anybody wants to come out and help cheer me on that would be awesome.
So it's been a pretty crazy week and I thank all of you guys for praying for me and I would ask that you would continue to pray for everyone here at Qwanoes because were just about heading into summer mode and things will get pretty crazy around here. But that's ok because it's just more of a chance for life to continue to throw sugar-coated balls of awesome at me.
Peace Out K6!
2 comments:
thanks for the update, josh. know you're in my prayers. i'm glad you're able to carry that torch. i'll be there to cheer you on, of course. looking forward to it.
JOSH NO WAY!!!
awesome about everything
but i have to know
HOW FAR ARE YOU RUNNING WITH THE TOURCH!!!
wow
oh
wow!!!
hugs
Post a Comment