Thursday, July 9, 2009

Git 'r done, pound 'r home, shut 'r down.

Well onto some more updates (if you hate reading updates as I sometimes am guilty of I will not feel offended if you "forget" to read this blog post). I just got out of the hospital today after an incredibly boring seven days. I was hooked up to a video EEG (Wikipedia it if you don't know what that is). Good news is they know exactly where my seizures are coming from! Bad news, they're kind of sitting on that information right now, I have been put on a new drug (yay for drugs!) and I have also been told that I need to hang around in Winnipeg for for a while to see how I react to this drug and whether it even works. That really was really a sucker punch to the gut because I already felt bad enough leaving Frontier halfway through a week, now I can't even return as soon as I would like. I'm praying that I will hopefully be able to return to Frontier sometime in August and be able to finish out the summer there.

Funny story (but really not so funny). I was sitting on the plane watching some stupid reality show and I thought to myself "man, right now on this plane would be a pretty crappy spot to have a seizure eh" no more than two minutes after that thought I felt a seizure coming on "you gotta be bloody kidding me" was my reaction before I blacked out. Nevertheless it was alright, I think I handled all the stares that were shot my way, and the children whispering to there mothers "is he going to die", and of course the stewardess bombarding me with question after question. We finally landed and I hung my head as I walked off the plane to avoid any awkward eye contact. When I got home (this is where it gets funny - God has such a sense of humor) I would have loved to have sat down and enjoyed some left-over chicken but my brain decides one seizure is not enough. Good-bye chicken I am now too tired to even consider eating chicken, through a joint effort with my mother and myself I finally make it to my bed. I guess my head ache was too much for my brain because it decided to have a third seizure! I at that point was more exhausted than I ever ever felt before in my life (more exhausted than hiking in India). I was done in, the only thing on my mind then was this sucks.

That was my great welcome home, I hope to never have one like that again. Anyways that was a little look at the "Struggle" that I have been blessed with recently, I will be sure to keep you updated, as I am sure there is more to come for it is not a question of "if" but "when".

Bietz

Ps. Eric the new Mewithoutyou album is FANTASTIC, I realize you hate them but I think you might actually like it.

2 comments:

JAKE said...

hey man.

i was about to right a post about how exhausting it is to chase special needs campers around all day. and then i read your post.

thanks for stopping any spirit of grumbling that was entering my heart tom, know that i am praying for you brother and i love you man.

Beats said...

Oh man, now I feel bad that I was the one grumbling. . . Jake let me tell you that I have yet to find a adequate coffee bud to replace you, I think I have come to the conclusion that you are irreplaceable. I just want you to know I miss very deeply our conversations (usually beginning with a cup of coffee).