Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The invisible man

Hello there,

Remember me? We went to school together. A lifetime ago now, it seems. For the sake of not being melodramatic, I will attempt to not dwell on the past. But know that I miss every one of you.

I am engaged. As of September the 9th. Yes I know, most have heard that much. On a related note, I suppose not everyone knew that I was even dating someone ;) So I suppose the first step is REALLY to inform you that I am.


Now then. For those who did not know, or knew very little, I guess I have a confession to make. I met her in April, 2008. 8 Months before Kaleo. We hit it off instantly. I remember very clearly, on our third or fourth date, driving home asking God if she was the one. Yes, I believe in the one. Email me if you disagree. Things escalated quickly and in June of that year, we started dating. I doubt anyone would remember, but she came with my parents to drop me off at Kaleo. But as soon as I walked through those doors for the first time, I was crippled by fear and insecurity. I still feel the effects of the brokenness I experienced in spiritual form. That class broke me. I broke it off with Emma soon after that, because I felt like I was a mess. And I was ashamed of it. That shame is why I never talked to any of you about it. Ya... There is a lot of regret that surrounds that time for me. Which is probably why it took so long to really move on after that year was done. I have yet to really accept my own words, that Kaleo is a state of mind. Hahaha, I'm kind of a dummy sometimes. Meh. What can I do. Onward and upward. Our story (Mine and Emma's) is a great victory story, one where God was and is the hero. He prepared us and shaped us both separately, and He continues to. Emma is now traveling for two months. One in Mexico and one in Ireland. As miserable as I may be at times, I find an odd sense of joy and peace in others, knowing that He will and probably IS using this time for great things, things that could only be accomplished apart. So I anxiously await her return, and in the mean time, and finding myself very aware of the still small voice inside me, guiding my every move. What a fantastic feeling... Anyways, that's enough pouring my heart out into cyberspace for now. I hope you are all well, wherever that may be.

Jordana...

I felt guilty for writing such a long post so soon after yours.... I know you have no shortage of support or prayers flowing your way. I just wanted to make sure that you knew that I am not trying to steal anything from Graeden. I am and will continue to keep him and you in my thoughts and prayers, as will everyone else I'm sure. I loved hearing how close you are drawing to Him... I found it inspiring. You are amazing Jo, and I wish you all the best...

Jonathan

6 comments:

Daneille Dirk said...

Jonathan, as I have already said countless times, I am so excited for you! I am just so pumped to hear where you're at and I feel so blessed to see firsthand how God has been preparing you to be a man and (soon-to-be) husband after God's own heart. You have fallen in love; one of the bravest things a person can do and you have fallen in love with a beautiful woman. From what I have witnessed of Emma she is quite the catch, very fun, upbeat, and encouraging and I look forward to getting to know you two better as a couple now when I get back to Calgary! Love you brother!

Jim Badke said...

Congratulations, Jon!! I do remember Emma, slightly. You look very happy together, and I pray that this time apart might draw you closer still. I encourage you to remember that two months travel will shape her in some new way, and you must let her be the person she becomes in that time. Are you in Calgary? We plan to be there for the weekend. Text me!!

Beats said...

You know my thoughts brother, glad you finally posted about this. Always praying for you.

lord bb said...

my friend
i am glad to see this post and to hear you are well. i will pray for you both.
Sincerely
Lord bb

Deborah Fisk said...

JOOOONNNNNOOO REALLY!!!???!!!
thats amazing
i had NOOOOOO CLLLUUUEEE

can you tell me the story though!? of how you asked her!!!!

thank you so much for posting bro! really thank you!

deb

FHILFHIL said...

Dude! Awesome!