Hi Kaleo family! Oh boy do I miss you guys soo soo much! Really sorry that I haven't been able to give any of you an update for so long, haven't had the easiest access to internet until now.
So update since I have been back........
The first night that Jon and I got in his two sisters drilled us for hours about Jesus and all the questions that they have been building up for my return it seemed. We got to chat with them for a least 2-3 hours about everything, Kaleo, my faith, Jon's faith, thier questions! It was awesome as well because his mom was in the living room and could hear what we were talking about along with his two younget brothers.
Then Tara, Jon and myself headed up to Kamloops to visit my grandpa who is dieing of Cancer and the doctors say he only has one month left. We got to find out where my grandpa is with Jesus and although he does believe in Jesus Christ and that He will one day return is still does not know what it is to have a living realationship with Him. We left a Bible and a Christian book for him to read. The nurses and doctors are taking really good care of him and he also has a really good friend in the bed next to his. The have a lot of fun together apparently. I also had the chance to show my mom the baptism video that Danny Badke made for Jon and I. (Thank you so much Danny!) I have always wanted to share my story with my mom but as you know that anytime the word God or Jesus comes up she shuts herself off to hearing anything that I have to say. This time she really had no choice but to listen..hahaha. She took it really well and when it was finished said that it was really nice!! Praise Jesus eh!!
Jon and I have been super busy with getting as much as we can prepared for the wedding as we may be moving to camp early then expected if everything works out. We also had another chance to talk with his younger sister again about Jesus and our faith in Him. We shared stories of India and how big God is. It was really amazing.
God is just putting us to work over here and it really confirms that this is where He wants us to be after the summer. Please pray for Alicine and Sarah that the words that we have spoken to them really sink in and that they start to put thier trust in Jesus. Alicine is really close but something is holding her back which we don't know what it is, fear possibly. Pray against the strongholds and lies that Satan has on them. May thier eyes be opened as well as thier hearts! Also prayer for my grandfather that he will read the Bible that we gave Him and start to think about where his life is. Right now he isn't aware that he only has a month left, the doctors recommended to his daughter that they don't tell him so that is what they are doing. Tara, Jon and I don't agree with this but it is not our decision to make.
I love and miss you all!!! Jon and I pray for your often!
Blessings,
Mamma Shan
2 comments:
Shan! So exciting, and many things to praise the Lord for! I'll be praying for the girls, keep us all posted on whats going on.
I love you woman, get you butt over to camp so I can see you!
All my love and prayers,
Ameals.
Shannon, thank you so much for sharing that with us! What a encouragement that was to read. I am so thankful that God has been placing these people in your life and has made divine appointments to really test and strengthen your faith and reliance on him! Praise God. I love you and miss you and I will definitely be keeping you and your family in my prayers
Post a Comment