Well that is the just of the post...but I will elaberate a bit more. Did I spell that right?
Thats right...I am about to take a HUGE financial leap of faith to go with my church during spring break to Mexico to build a house for a family in need of one. You guys remember how every day Ben would go check his mailbox in a hopes that someone, anyone, would give him money for India? Well that's me now. I am beyond broke, I have absolutely NO money to spare as I cant even buy myself food. So what did I decide to do? Like I said, take a leap of faith by trusting that God will give me the money I need for this trip...the probs is I have to pay $350 in 2 weeks....one of those weeks im away and there is no way I can get 350 in a week from anywhere.
This trip means a lot to me as I have been on it 3 times before as a student and this time I will be going as a leader. This really excites me as I dont get much opportunity anymore to become a leader and teach teens about using and showing their faith in a different country by serving and helping others. So being able to go on this trip is a big step for me that I really want to be able to take.
If you guys could please pray for me to be blessed by donations or some form of money so that I am able to afford this trip in march that would be so amazing! As well as prayer that I am used by God to nurture these teens as they go out and serve God through this family that we will meet that would also be great. Can't leave my blog post without pictures, so here are a couple picts from previous trips I have been on to mexico. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!


Sorry, this pict copied twice for some reason

1 comment:
This is such a cool opportunity Leila! I will definitely be praying for you as you trust God with this trip. May He teach you SO much through these next months!
much love
Post a Comment