I decided that a blog was necessary as multiple things have been and will be happening in my life that I could use some prayer for. I recently acquired a job working at the MEC he
re in Winnipeg (praise God!) it is one sweet job, I sometimes wonder whether it would be possible for me to do it for the rest of my life...cheap gear and cool people, I don't think I can complain about it. The part of this job that I am worried about is that I didn't quit my previous job of painting, so I am currently working two jobs which seems to be working out, but I fear that I might burn out working 6 sometimes seven days a week. On top of those jobs I am trying to work on a Briercrest DL course, balance a social life, and prepare a sermon (I was asked by my Pastor to preach one Sunday this December, please pray that God would speak to me and I can in turn relay that message to my Chruch). So as you can see I am a little stressed out (most of which I did to myself) but some extra oomph right now would really be helpful and the ability to discern what I can cut out of my life and what needs to take priority (relationships, Devo's, prayer,...etc).I think this next prayer request a number of us might share. We have an opportunity to return to India and I have no clue whether this is something that I should commit too. I can't stop having these doubts in my mind of how Short Term missions don't do any good. I can pray for the people of India here just as much as i can there, but then at the same time that is such a lie because it is so different when the people you are praying for are in your presence, argh! So much confusion in my mind right now on the topic of this India trip. Please pray that God would reveal to those of us who need to go a sign (a letter or email would be pretty nice too).
Well those are my happenings (my struggles).
Side Note: Amelia pictures from Kaleo should not be allowed they hurt too dang much!
7 comments:
I love you brother.
Youre preaching, on SUNDAY, WHAT!? I want a recording made and sent to me.
i second jer's motion!
Sorry Tom! Was trying to evoke a sense of nostalgia, not hurt!
Hope you're doing well, I'll be lifting you up in prayer for sure! I think it's exciting to have a lot on your plate :)
Tom I will be praying for you as well! Miss you guy!
P.S I will be in Winnipeg for the holidays!!
So Tom, you think you could swing me a deal at MEC???
I'm totally kidding!! (except if you really can, then I'm not.)
So this is ridiculous. Mir is going to be in Winnipeg for the holidays? All three of us should go skating and do coffee. Let's figure something out!
Thomas: May the Lord provide peace and strength for you to get through this busy time - but not just to get through it - to see God working in and through all circumstances, for "there is a time for everything...He has set [timelessness] in our hearts, yet man cannot fathom what God has done from the beginning"
tom STRUGGLE bietz
your name bro
i pray that in these struggles you will find peace and that God would guide you and your words in writing the sermon :)
just cuz watkins came up a little short on her last album doesn't mean you gotta cut her down. she still deserves our respect. however, your reference to elizabeth and the catapult makes up for it.
man, i'm so happy you got a job at mec. such a good thing. and now you can be friends with the fella we bought the frisbee from.
i wish you well in your struggling and juggling. you're always in my prayers.
Post a Comment