Hey guys,
I guess I realized while reading Jake's post that I had not posted in a long time, and that that sucks. I love reading this blog, because I feel like I am at home a little bit. I miss you all, we all miss each other, so I am going to work on posting more regularly here.
First things first, this is my situation:
I just moved home from Qwanoes, so I am staying with my Dad in his pleasure castle in one of the richest neighborhoods in Victoria. Him and I get along alright, as do I and his common-law partner. My mother lives across town and I should be able to see her regularly. Lauren lives fairly close so I should be able to see her pretty often too, except that she is working now, and perhaps soon to be working two jobs. Soon I should be working too. The Lord has brought people I know to me to tell me to apply at a place called the Cridge Center for the Family. It is a Christian organization apparently (when I went there for daycare as a child the only Christian thing I remember was singing Pharoah Pharoah and watching Veggie Tales as our parents came to pick us up). So my mission right now is to finish my resume and get my butt down there.
A lot has been happening in my heart as of late. I have felt, at times, the fervour of when I was first converted. The urge to look for what is good, have an eye for the righteous, think of what is pleasing to God. I have fallen prey to only seeing the worst in people, places, things. My heart has become more malleable, and a good thing that is, because there is a lot of change that needs to happen. I had been looking for excuses not to love people, rather than reasons to love them. This, naturally, hurt the people around me. All of this started, oddly enough, after an excursion into the study of the Doctrines of Grace. Normally thought to be a reason to argue and fight, the Doctrines spurred me on to love more openly and more aggressively. I have a good set of sermons by Archuro Azurdia. I'll send them to whomever asks for them over skype.
And the future? Well, I like to leave that in the Lord's capable hands. I would love it if you were in prayer for my family, Lauren and I, my hunt for work - especially at the Cridge, and this growing fire in my heart. I love you, Kaleo
3 comments:
It is so good to hear from you Jeremiah, I wish i would have been more intentional in staying in contact with you as I want to be able to continually invest my prayers and thoughts into your life. Praise God the work he has and will continue to do in your life.
You're a good bro Beats, imma keep updating!
JERE-
thanks so much for writing!
FINALLY AN UPDATE ON YOUR LIFE!
much appreciated.
and prayers coming your way!
BIG HUG MY BRO!
im missing you and your multi-coloured facial hair!
Post a Comment