Chapter 1-After Kaleo
After that Sunday on which we all bid far well to one another I for a short over night with my sister Monica in mission, fallowing that I headed south toward Bellingham for lunch with my brother Nathan. It was during that lunch that I made a choice that altered my plans for the next several days. I not to head with my parents to Caronport to help my brother Samuel move but instead to stay with Nathan. In the days that fallowed I enjoyed several rounds of Golf and relaxation. However it was also in those first days that I got my first taste of who severally messed up our society is. I was appalled by our consumeristic, individualistic culture. I had several arguments with my brother concerning theology and philosophy politics hermeneutics etc... and I wish I can say that I came out on top of all those arguments but that would be a lie. Now upon the conclusion of those days I set out on a slightly more exiting and definitely more interesting adventure I headed to the Canadian border to get my work permit for camp. Where I was once again put through the ringer by the Canadian border Guards who I am now convinced seriously do dislike me. I spent over two hours getting a visa that should have taken 20 minutes. But that is beside the point my trip to the border was only the beginning of my adventure. After that I returned to Bellingham and boarded a greyhound bus for Grand prairie AB. But due to some complications with some other passengers on the bus I was delayed at the border for two hours and missed my connection in Vancouver. So when I arrived there I was told that the next bus I could take to Grand Prairie was at 7 am, which meant that, I had to stay in the Vancouver bus station over night. However the Vancouver bus station dose not allow people to stay over night. Now it is at this moment that I believe God intervened in my story. When I was told by security that I would have to leave the premises. I explained my situation to India security Guard who asked to see my passport and upon finding out that I had visited his county told me that he would speak to his supervisor. How allowed me to stay the night in the bus station. The next morning I arose bright and early at four AM when the lights came on and didn't get back to sleep until later that day. I left on the bus that would take me through Prince George to Grand Prairie but due to a dispatch problem I was switched to the Calgary bus that would take me to Calgary and then up to Edmonton and then to Grand Prairie. But when I got to Kamloops I was switched again to the Edmonton bus form Kamloops, which would take me to Edmonton where I would switch to another bus to Grand Prairie. However as sat on the bus on my way to Edmonton I told by the bus driver that I wouldn't make my connection to Grand prairie unless he dropped me off early. So at midnight I got off the bus to Edmonton in some town I don't know the name of in the middle of Alberta and waited until my bus arrived. Then after a five-hour bus ride I finally made it to Grand Prairie. But due to the fact that it was a Sunday I was kick out of the bus station because it closed a half hour after I got there. So I ended up sitting on my Golf clubs for another five hours as i waited to be picked up by brothers in laws. And so my Greyhound adventure came to a close i shall now began my new adventure as an unemployed bum because I currently don't have a job. So pray that I find a job and that I can express the things I have learned this year and that I can light hear in Grand Prairie and in my family. Now finally remember to keep reading The Adventures of Benjamin Brainard.
Sincerely
Lord bb
On a side note can anyone tell me how I can post a comment because I can seem to figure it out miss you all and please know that I am praying for you. God bless
5 comments:
Ben!
How I miss you, every time I run, go on the elliptical or one of those great exercise videos I am reminded about India workouts and your amazing encouragement and challenging chants "1 more minute!". But thats besides the point. Lol, it sounds like you had quite the journey and its almost amusing in a way to hear about the troubles on this trip, not because I'm glad that you went through them or wish that upon you but it is so cool to see how God is continually teaching you and humbling you through both your visit with Nathan and the travel arrangements. It is such a encouragement to hear how God is reminding you to rely on him with everything you have and its such a testimony to me of God's faithfulness to continue to stretch and mold you and the rest of Kaleo. The passage in Phillipians 1:3-11 is one that I think when I think of you. The Daneille Revised Version says "I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day of Kaleo until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart; for whether I am in Bonnyville (chains) or Saskatchewan (defending) and India (confirming) the gospel, all of you share in God's grace with me. God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus. And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God." Thank you for sharing your journey with us and praise God for using India to allow you to stay there and praise God that you are in Canada, I'll continue to pray that all the other details will be smoothed out! (O and sorry for the long message!)
wow Ben, dontcha just love travelling?
wow Daneille, best comment ever.
not much more to say, I think Daneille covered it all...
but benny boy i just love you tons.
keep telling us bits and pieces of your life, your stories never get old! they are ammusing, and its a way for me to feel like im right there at the bus station with you, but instead we would be laughing and maybe playing cards:P
love yah benny boy! your in my prayers, and obviously God's watchful care!
big fish hugs!
man, you went through Prince George?! that means you went through Quesnel...which is where i live! you should have got off and called me up, then you could have hopped on a bus the next day!! dang ben, i had no idea, we were defs within like 15 minutes of each other!
Oh ben....how I miss you. But dont worry, I have a pict of you by my wondow at camp here. Glad that God previded (i cant spell at all today...to tired and dont care) for you. Miss ya tonz man!
Post a Comment